MONTHLY MEETINGS ARE BACK!!! — August BBQ at SuncrestReef

Will you attend the August 21st club meeting and BBQ?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend the August 21st club meeting and BBQ?

• Yes. I’ll be there with a big appetite!
    • Maybe. I like to keep my options open in case I get a better offer for free BBQ and chances to win raffle prizes elsewhere.
    • No. I’d rather stay home to do a water change and clean my filter socks.

This poll is closed to new votes

I would like to go and bring a plus one! It'll be great to meet some local reefers and get to look at some awesome gear. I'll be sure to do a bunch of water changes and maybe scrape the glass before I take pics of my tanks and corals for anyone interested. This will be my first time at a meeting and it seems like a great first time! Thanks for hosting us, @SuncrestReef

I know some people don't like the large tile look, and neither do I, but man is it going to be convenient when I want to frag a coral later down the road and all I have to do is remove the acrylic rod I glued onto the tile from the hole I drilled in the rock.

20210619_085429.thumb.jpg.e9d69907116692d542618202816e7a62.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you planning to attend the meeting, should I set up a small frag tank in case anyone is planning to bring some frags to trade?  I have a 20g long QT tank I could set up to float some bags.

Also, in case you didn't see my other post, be sure to bring a mask to wear while inside the house to help keep everyone safe:

• Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 9:38 PM, SuncrestReef said:

For those of you planning to attend the meeting, should I set up a small frag tank in case anyone is planning to bring some frags to trade?  I have a 20g long QT tank I could set up to float some bags.

Also, in case you didn't see my other post, be sure to bring a mask to wear while inside the house to help keep everyone safe:

I can bring some la laker scrolls, green sinularia, and some sea grape macro algae if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

Today's the day!  

For those of you planning to stay the whole duration of the meeting, please try to squeeze as many cars into my driveway as possible to leave more space on the street for additional parking.  My driveway will fit up to 9 cars when using the space next to my garage.

If you do park on the street, please only park across the street from my house so drivers will still be able to pass in both directions.  The street has drainage ditches on both sides, but the one on my side is deep and not as easy to park next to.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 8.13.18 PM.png

@GumdropDan@islandVib3s@markv@CuttleFishandCoral @Dakotapi3rc3 @Smiles @obrien.david.j @Higher Thinking @Gil&Fin @Hincapiej4 @kjlife @Lexinverts @Collin @Cobalt @Tandor69 @OregonGrownReef @Bicyclebill @wayboi @Algaewarrior @half-astronaut @Blue_collar_fish_keepers @Emerald525 @fishoutawater @Shar_Zard @Webfoot

• Like 3

Thank you all for attending the BBQ/Meeting!  That was a lot of fun, and it was great to see some human faces again.  Congrats to all the raffle winners.

For those of you who sat through my Apex demo, here's a link to my Apex tutorials I mentioned:

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/authors/suncrestreef.93940/

Whoever won the Apex-EL, if you need any assistance setting it up, let me know.

• Thanks 1