MONTHLY MEETINGS ARE BACK!!! — August BBQ at SuncrestReef

Will you attend the August 21st club meeting and BBQ?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend the August 21st club meeting and BBQ?

• Yes. I’ll be there with a big appetite!
    • Maybe. I like to keep my options open in case I get a better offer for free BBQ and chances to win raffle prizes elsewhere.
    • No. I’d rather stay home to do a water change and clean my filter socks.

This poll is closed to new votes

We’re happy to announce that we’ll be scheduling monthly club meetings again.  To kick things off, I’m hosting a summer BBQ at my house in Beaverton.  Come check out my Apex-automated tank, my new Trigger Platinum sump with a 10” roller mat, see the new Neptune SKY LED lights, the Trident, and all the other bells & whistles.  I’ll do a live demonstration of setting up a new Apex from scratch, and answer any programming questions you may have.

But this isn’t just about the Apex.  Catch up with your fellow reefers, enjoy some BBQ and beverages on the deck, play some lawn games, and let the kids run around my 1 acre yard if you like.  And of course, stick around for the raffle for your chance to win a few cool prizes!

When:  Saturday, August 21 at 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Where:  19194 SW Suncrest Lane, Beaverton, OR 97007     View on map
Parking:  Driveway and on-street parking

In order to plan for enough food at the BBQ, please let me know if you plan to attend by voting in the poll above, and comment below if you plan to bring additional guests/family.

For those who remember my tank from last time, don't be surprised that it's lacking in corals.  I did a complete reboot a few months ago, so it's going to be a while before getting back to its glory days.

IMG_0871.jpg

Mixing Station.jpg

5E28A3F0-C3AD-401D-9A40-7D3634142F3C.jpeg

There’s only one rule:  Cooper, my overly-friendly black lab, is on a very strict diet due to food allergies.  Please don’t feed Cooper anything, no matter how much he acts like he’s starving.  He’s had enough emergency vet visits and doesn’t need another one.

B5F1ED03-D7D8-42E0-ABBB-2AAE9EA0079F.jpeg

UPDATE — Here are the awesome prizes we’ll be raffling off at the August meeting/BBQ event:

• Apex-EL aquarium controller - with personal assistance from SuncrestReef for setup and programming!
  • Hydra 26HD LED light
  • Bubble Magus Curve 5 Skimmer (rated for ~100 gallon)
  • Bubble Magus Curve 9 Elite Skimmer (rated for ~200 gallon)
  • IceCap Gyre 2K powerhead
  • Milwaukee Digital Refractometer
  • Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Test Kit (Ca, Alk, Mg)
  • $50 gift certificates to 3 different local stores
  • After the raffle, we will draw from the non-winning tickets to give away 6 issues of Coral Magazine.

Raffle.png

As always, paid Supporting Members of PNWMAS automatically receive one free raffle ticket (two for Family memberships), and additional tickets are available for purchase to everyone for $5 each or 5 tickets for $20.  If you are not yet a Supporting Member, you can sign up by following the instructions in this post:

If you plan to attend the event, please add yourself to the voting poll at the top of this thread so we can plan accordingly for the amount of food, and post a comment below if you intend to bring additional guests or family members.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, islandVib3s said:

I'll be there!! Pretty excited. Lol should we bring a cooler? Corals for trade? 

Yes, all club members are more than welcome to arrange coral trades at this event, though I don't personally have much to offer since I'm just starting my tank back up from scratch.  I can probably set up a small frag tank to float bags of corals during the event to keep them alive and happy until you're ready to take them home.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 2:57 PM, Shar_Zard said:

@Dakotapi3rc3 you know it boi, a chance to see the inspiration behind my build in person and BBQ too much to pass up

On 7/14/2021 at 3:02 PM, Hincapiej4 said:

Well shoot. I aint gonna miss this. First time!

On 7/14/2021 at 6:46 PM, fishoutawater said:

I’ll be there!!

To everyone attending, please be sure to add yourselves to the voting poll at the top of this post so I have a running tally for food planning.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Blue_collar_fish_keepers said:

How would I become a member? My family and I would love to hang out and enjoy some good times with fellow reefers 

9CDA77E5-8352-4E1D-9767-083AA6D2B3DC.jpeg

Beautiful tank!!!  You can become a paid Supporting Member by following the instructions in this post:

For the record, attendance at the club meetings does not require a paid membership.  But paid Supporting Members do receive a free raffle ticket (two for Family accounts) at all meetings, among other benefits.

If you plan to attend the BBQ, please add your vote to the poll at the top of this thread.

• Like 1

I’ll probably be able to come but selected maybe since my bff’s bday is the 19th & there’s a chance she’ll want to celebrate with a weekend trip with friends. Will update once I know. Miss you guys! 

Edited by Flashy Fins
  • Like 1

UPDATE — Here are the awesome prizes we’ll be raffling off at the August meeting/BBQ event:

• Apex-EL aquarium controller - with personal assistance from SuncrestReef for setup and programming!
  • Hydra 26HD LED light
  • After the raffle, we will draw from the non-winning tickets to give away 6 issues of Coral Magazine.

Raffle.png

As always, paid Supporting Members of PNWMAS automatically receive one free raffle ticket (two for Family memberships), and additional tickets are available for purchase to everyone for $5 each or 5 tickets for $20.  If you are not yet a Supporting Member, you can sign up by following the instructions in this post:

If you plan to attend the event, please add yourself to the voting poll at the top of this thread so we can plan accordingly for the amount of food, and post a comment below if you intend to bring additional guests or family members.

• Like 3

On 7/18/2021 at 12:01 PM, SuncrestReef said:

• Hydra 26HD LED light

Raffle.png

Just a question, is the membership good for a whole yr or just for the remaining of the yr? I'm planning on getting it just wanted to check and see if i should get it now or just wait till the new yr lol. Also a side note, these prizes are awesome I totally didn't expect that and free BBQ? Lol itll be better then all my top ramen (most of my food money goes to corals or equipment) 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, islandVib3s said:

Just a question, is the membership good for a whole yr or just for the remaining of the yr? I'm planning on getting it just wanted to check and see if i should get it now or just wait till the new yr lol. Also a side note, these prizes are awesome I totally didn't expect that and free BBQ? Lol itll be better then all my top ramen (most of my food money goes to corals or equipment) 

Membership is valid for 12 months from the day you register, so if you signed up today it would be up for renewal next July 20, 2022.

Looking forward to meeting you!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SuncrestReef said:

Membership is valid for 12 months from the day you register, so if you signed up today it would be up for renewal next July 20, 2022.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Awesome. Ill get the membership on the 1st. Lol like wise.im looking forward to meeting alot of you also. I just want to apologize in advance because I'm really bad at remembering names(army deployment symptoms) but I've found it easier to remember pple when I connect them to there tanks/setups lol.

50 minutes ago, islandVib3s said:

Awesome. Ill get the membership on the 1st. Lol like wise.im looking forward to meeting alot of you also. I just want to apologize in advance because I'm really bad at remembering names(army deployment symptoms) but I've found it easier to remember pple when I connect them to there tanks/setups lol.

We always have name tags at each meeting which really helps.

• Like 1