The forum has been too slow - free frag pack giveaway

Manny Tavan

12 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

Every year I tell myself to invest in a generator and every year I pass on it. We actually lost power last night for about 90 minutes which is really unusual. We rarely ever lose power because our lines are under ground. After 30 minutes I actually got nervous because I'd been hearing so many horror stories about long term outages this week. I drove to a friend's house and borrowed his generator. I got everything hooked up on my two tanks and 45 minutes later the power was on 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️. Better safe than sorry I guess. I suppose I'll go ahead and finally buy one. 

I passed on it myself a few times but I couldn’t this time since the one I wanted and researched was $200 cheaper in person than online. Our lines are overhead and most of the area has been restored but we are in a weird area that doesn’t get attention right away. There’s an estimated 45 people on our lines and it becomes a lower priority than when there are entire blocks with multi-family dwellings. It makes sense, but it still sucks. 
plus, at this point with how much I have invested in my livestock, I almost couldn’t pass up a generator simply for the peace of mind. Keeping the family warm and the lights on is just a bonus 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reef-fisher said:

I picked up the Firman from Costco when it went on sale. I think it’s 7500 watts when running on gasoline. It’s a tri-fuel so it can run off gasoline, propane, or natural gas, but there is a performance drop from gas to propane and to natural gas. I have to top it off about every 8 hours at 6-7 gallons (tho it is an 8 gal capacity) 

I hooked it up to a 50 amp breaker in my panel so we can run all the lights we want, all the tanks and equipment, fridge, furnace (gas furnace, but still needs power for fans and controls) and some other minor stuff like TVs and chargers. Range is gas and water heater only runs when I shut power to fridge and furnace off for an hour in the morning. It’s no “whole house” generator but it works in a pinch and for under $800 it is well worth it. Going on day 2 with it on, and supposed to have power back tomorrow night. 

I need to do that. Will have an electrician install a switch panel and then keep a 8500w generator on hand

2 hours ago, reef-fisher said:

I picked up the Firman from Costco when it went on sale. I think it’s 7500 watts when running on gasoline. It’s a tri-fuel so it can run off gasoline, propane, or natural gas, but there is a performance drop from gas to propane and to natural gas. I have to top it off about every 8 hours at 6-7 gallons (tho it is an 8 gal capacity) 

I hooked it up to a 50 amp breaker in my panel so we can run all the lights we want, all the tanks and equipment, fridge, furnace (gas furnace, but still needs power for fans and controls) and some other minor stuff like TVs and chargers. Range is gas and water heater only runs when I shut power to fridge and furnace off for an hour in the morning. It’s no “whole house” generator but it works in a pinch and for under $800 it is well worth it. Going on day 2 with it on, and supposed to have power back tomorrow night. 

I’m sure this goes without saying but make sure if you use a gem that you have good ventilation and a carbon monoxide detectors in your living areas

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

Every year I tell myself to invest in a generator and every year I pass on it. We actually lost power last night for about 90 minutes which is really unusual. We rarely ever lose power because our lines are under ground. After 30 minutes I actually got nervous because I'd been hearing so many horror stories about long term outages this week. I drove to a friend's house and borrowed his generator. I got everything hooked up on my two tanks and 45 minutes later the power was on 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️. Better safe than sorry I guess. I suppose I'll go ahead and finally buy one. 

We rarely loose power too.   Lost it for 90 minutes, starting at 1:30am today.  Whole house went silent, which woke me up.  very strange feeling.

What'd I do about it... Slept.    Came back on around 3am.  nothing harmed.

1 minute ago, obrien.david.j said:

We rarely loose power too.   Lost it for 90 minutes, starting at 1:30am today.  Whole house went silent, which woke me up.  very strange feeling.

What'd I do about it... Slept.    Came back on around 3am.  nothing harmed.

Yeah that sound of a deal silent house is really interesting. I almost never hear it because there aren't any situations where I would kill all the outlets, just in those rare outage instances. 

So what'd y'all do to pass the time this weekend? I got to coach a couple of the guys on my team in a Jiu Jitsu tournament. We drove from Scappoose down to Springfield on Saturday. Wild ride for sure!20210213_124909.jpg

This was the weather in Springfield:

20210213_153223.jpg

This was the weather in Scappoose:

20210213_182410.jpg

Then I topped Sunday off with some urban snowboarding!

• Haha 3

Here was my fun at 10:30am this morning.   Lost power from 1:30-3am today.  No visible fish tank problems, all was running fine when I got up.   Later, went to do some maint and the dedicated EB832 for my mixing station setup is offline.  What!?

• Unplugged, replugged - would power up the outlets, and shut back off.  Never showing any color on the neptune symbol.
  • Unplugged, replugged - same result.
  • Took a picture of where all the outlets plug in.   Unplugged everything.  Unplugged the three USB/Communication cables from it, unplugged the 1link connection.  Pulled off the wall - pressed the Circuit Breaker button on the back.  (with no noticeable effect)
  • Plugged BARE EB832 back in.  Booted just fine.  Flashing Orange symbol - Its looking to find the mother Apex controller.
  • Plugged the USB's back in, communicating just fine.
  • Plugged all the outlets back in, everything working fine.
  • Unplugged, replugged fully loaded EB832 - Everything is working fine.

Oh how I hate an electronic mystery like this.  Imagine if I was on a 2week business trip... Oh wait, that's not likely in the next 10 months.  I can just keep monitoring it.

Anyone else have occasional EB832 "lock ups?"

IMG_9686.jpg

• Confused 1

I’m game! I’ve been close to throwing out my new reefled 160 lights after I couldn’t figure out why my WiFi was going haywire yesterday. I bought a new tv and receiver that hooked up to my WiFi, which I’d never had before. And as usual, the issue was between the keyboard and the chair. Finally back up and running like nothing happened!

Edited by Bicyclebill