Lexinverts' Reefer XXL 750

Lexinverts

Fantastic ICP service offered by @EMeyervia Aquabiomics. Oceamo ICP tests come with personalized support from the reef chemist, Christoph Denk. Below is my latest report. I couldn't be happier with the service. Christoph has helped me get my nitrate and phosphate into proper balance, and to fine tune my trace elements. Highly recommended! My coral growth is really taking off.

Oceamo_1.jpg

Oceamo_2.jpgOceamo_3.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, ocboat said:

Your tank looks great!  Can you share your lighting file? I still can't quite seem to dial in the color I'm looking for.  Thanks. 

Here you go. It is basically the standard SPS settings with the limes turned all of the way up. The lime takes out the blue/purple and gives it a more daylight look.

settings_v3(2).txt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[Oops.....I just posted this in the wrong thread. Deleted there and moved here.]

Hi All,

Hoo, boy....this has been quite a few months. First, my 74 yr old dad with MS has been in and out of the hospital with Covid TWICE since Christmas. Somehow, he pulled through both times and is currently doing better at home.

Then, two weeks ago, my 4 yr old havanese started having severe pain in her neck and limbs. This progressed into almost total paralysis. We rushed her to the local vet several times and then to Portland to a neurologist. She was diagnosed with meningioencephalitis and nearly died several times. After 6 days in the vet hospital we got to take her home. At least now I have something to say when my wife complains about how expensive my reef tanks are......yikes!

Notwithstanding all of these trials, the REEF TANK MARCHES ON! Thank goodness for this hobby and distraction it provides.

Take care of yourselves, everyone!

PXL_20220205_171218369.jpg

PXL_20220205_171224761.jpg

PXL_20220205_171229845.jpg

PXL_20220205_171235273.jpg

FB_IMG_1643399241704.jpg

PXL_20220131_010134941.jpg

• Like 1

I've been using the Reef Blueprint Isol8 trace elements the past month. I've backed off my ATI elements a bit and upped my Kalk, so I wanted to be sure my corals were getting enough trace elements. So far, my Gonioporas seem to like it. Waiting on an ICP from Oceamo to confirm that my levels are within the appropriate ranges.

PXL_20220206_161139155.jpg

PXL_20220205_171240269.jpg

PXL_20220205_171229845.jpg

PXL_20220205_171224761.jpg

• Like 1

It's amazing how easy it is to lose track of gradual changes in the tank when you are looking at it every day. Having a tank journal really helps you see your tank's evolution over time.

Here you can see just about exactly one year's growth in these two pictures.

One_year_ago.jpeg

One_year_later.jpg

• Like 1