Lexinverts' Reefer XXL 750

Lexinverts

On 5/26/2023 at 11:07 AM, Lexinverts said:

That was fun! I shared some love for the PNWMAS. I was hoping to talk about my ReeFis and some of our local stores, but we ran out of time. Hopefully, I'll have time next time.

I was not intending to sit and watch the entire thing at this moment, but I got totally sucked in. How fascinating!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here's a long overdue tank update. I've been dosing ammonia to the tank instead of nitrate for a few months and I am getting improved growth! Just gave the tank a good cleaning in prep for an appearance on Reefbum next week (4/23/24)
PXL_20240415_171656947.jpgPXL_20240415_172217904.jpgPXL_20240415_172245837.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Krux said:

is the top off for photos, or do you walk on the wild side with jumpers these days?

I take the top off for the pics. I have too many wrasses to not a have a top....lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lexinverts said:

Here's a long overdue tank update. I've been dosing ammonia to the tank instead of nitrate for a few months and I am getting improved growth! Just gave the tank a good cleaning in prep for an appearance on Reefbum next week (4/23/24)
PXL_20240415_171656947.jpgPXL_20240415_172217904.jpgPXL_20240415_172245837.jpg

Looks absolutely amazing 👏👏👏 curious to which ammonia product are you using?  How much dosage daily? Any weird results with live stock? I was using Dr tims ..if I remember correctly I kept losing my snails so I loaded that tank with hermits. But I was getting nice growth aswell 🤔🤔🤔

19 hours ago, islandVib3s said:

Looks absolutely amazing 👏👏👏 curious to which ammonia product are you using?  How much dosage daily? Any weird results with live stock? I was using Dr tims ..if I remember correctly I kept losing my snails so I loaded that tank with hermits. But I was getting nice growth aswell 🤔🤔🤔

Thanks. No weird issues. Here's a link to the stuff on Amazon:

https://a.co/d/cb1kWWs

Mix 20 grams into 500 ml to get your diluted solution.

I am dosing 33 ml per day in my 198 gallon system. I started dosing 10 mls per day and gradually increased.

• Like 1

Got a visit from @steveweast today and he brought me some Jake Adams corals. First one in the photos is the Montipora, Crystal Experiment. It's bright green with a very unique growth pattern. Second in the list is the Hardline Hoeksemai, which is light blue and looks like the Tyree Blue Matrix. Last, but not least is the Immortal Tort. Steve says this one gets really bright blue in high light and in lower light has the green base like you see with this frag. Beautiful corals and they were all personally collected by Jake Adams--Great conversation starters for my reef. Thanks again, Steve!

PXL_20240420_183825192.jpgPXL_20240420_200132855.jpgPXL_20240420_200246080.jpgPXL_20240420_200229950.jpg

• Like 2