May 2022 PNWMAS Meeting - CNC belated Cinco de Mayo celebration!

SuncrestReef

We're having a huge event on May 15th at Cuttlefish & Corals.  Mark your calendars because you're not going to want to miss this!

For those of you who remember the epic 2019 Cinco de Mayo party at Cuttlefish, you know this is going to be awesome!

• Amazing Raffles!  
  • Fantastic Food!  
  • Fish and Corals Galore!  
  • Group Buys!  

When?     Sunday, May 15, 2022, 1 pm - 4 pm

Where?    Cuttlefish & Corals
                 6363 SW Capitol Hwy
                 Portland, OR  97239

Group Buys:

Jeff will be fragging some amazing colonies for group buys!  There will be separate group buys available for all members, and some dedicated only to paid Supporting Members of PNWMAS.  Separate threads will be posted here in the forum soon to announce each group buy.  Stay tuned for details!

image.png

Raffle Prizes:

We'll have over $4,000 in amazing raffle prizes up for grabs!  Prizes will be raffled off at 2:00pm and 3:30pm.  Must be present to win.

Raffle tickets will be available for sale at the event; $5 for one ticket, or $20 for 5 tickets.  Cash or credit cards accepted.  Paid Supporting Members of PNWMAS will receive one free ticket, or two tickets for Family Memberships. 

• GRAND PRIZE:  Red Sea Reefer XL 300
    reefer_xl_300_black_web_1.png
  • Neptune Apex-EL
    Apex-EL.jpg
  • Radion XR30 Blue
    xr30-blue_g5_bottom-1200x1200.jpeg
  • MP40
    mp40qd_driver_3.jpeg
  • Red Sea Reef Mat 1200
    reefmat-title-image.jpeg
  • BRS 4 stage value plus 75gpd RO/DI System
    brs-exb-210773-rodisystems-fr.jpeg
  • Hanna Marine Master photometer
    250475-hannainstruments-marinemaster-photometer-testingkit-cv4_1.jpeg

• ReefBreeders EXO ATO
    213869-reefbreeders-exo-ato-autotopoff-plumbing-cv3.jpeg

• 25 gallon Waterbox Peninsula
    CUBE.25_1aafb0b9-274b-4fa0-96c5-e3d841b2dea3_1300x copy.jpg

• Red Sea blue bucket salt
    211511-red-sea-aquarium-salt-55-gallon_1.jpeg

• hanna salinity tester $68
    212118-hannainstruments-salinitytester-testing-an.jpeg

• Gift Certificates

Food and beverages (soft drinks and adult beverages) will be provided!

14C864D7-EACB-48D0-AB75-DE50999C70E9.jpeg73545E60-DE0C-4DCF-B1D9-E41F264A038A.jpegAA4E8542-DBD7-4267-8B51-07A7DC8AE311.jpeg4F16F94D-C731-4F0B-9DE6-2FBADDE8F192.jpeg12BAEDE2-0B2F-4D42-8D35-C0C96083295F.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 11.45.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 11.47.01 AM.png

image.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 11.44.33 AM.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Super excited!

We had a great time the other day at the store, picked up nice stuff and a very hardy and healthy cowfish that is now eating pellets!

Top notch people, great leadership, top notch livestock.

• Like 5

Bump...

We're just over a week away from the big party!  We're expecting a good turnout, and you're not going to want to miss this one!

We just added another great raffle prize to the list:

• Radion XR30 Blue
    xr30-blue_g5_bottom-1200x1200.jpeg

In order to have enough food prep time, we moved the start time back to 1:00 pm, but the shop will still be open if you wanted to arrive at noon as originally posted.  We also moved the first raffle to 2:00 pm in order for everyone to have enough time to get their tickets placed.

Can't wait to see everyone!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yourmedic said:

Is there enough parking at the store, or is there somewhere else I should plan on parking? I’ve never been to the store so I’m not sure and coming from out of town an very excited!! 

Well the good news is the bank and restaurant will be closed since we are doing this on Sunday but that lot is going to be filled up quickly. @CuttleFishandCoral other thoughts? Parking across the street where the Starbucks is. Carpool. Public transportation? It’s right off the bus line too.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Toadpapa said:

Just renewed our PNWMAS membership and plan on heading into cuttlefish on sunday. Probably missed all the cool group buys by now. Better late than never though! 

We still have a few more group buys on the way before the party!

• Like 2

Very appreciative of the group buys. In Jan. I had not 1, not 2 but 3 heart attacks over 3 days, yeah I was dumb and thought it was heart burn. Turned out to be the widowmaker but despite the odds I lived and came out with no heart damage, talk about [language filter] lucky. Anyway with the medical bills its been a really lean coral buying year, IE nothing, so the fact I was able to get some great stuff so inexpensively is such a treat.  My family is very excited. Thank you so much for those who provided the corals for the group buys. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Toadpapa said:

Very appreciative of the group buys. In Jan. I had not 1, not 2 but 3 heart attacks over 3 days, yeah I was dumb and thought it was heart burn. Turned out to be the widowmaker but despite the odds I lived and came out with no heart damage, talk about [language filter] lucky. Anyway with the medical bills its been a really lean coral buying year, IE nothing, so the fact I was able to get some great stuff so inexpensively is such a treat.  My family is very excited. Thank you so much for those who provided the corals for the group buys. 

Yikes!   Glad you’re alright!  

• Like 1