Bulk Reef Supply merging with Neptune Systems

SuncrestReef

Last month BRS announced they acquired Marine Depot.  Now today, they're announcing a merger with Neptune Systems.  I don't know yet whether it was an acquisition or a joint venture.  Waiting for more details to come out.

Ryan mentioned one of the outcomes will be a more rapid release of new Apex products, including a Trident 2.0.

See: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

If this is the outcome, I welcome it.   I'd like a Trident 2.0 that can measure NO3 & PO4 daily.

I agree.  In working with Neptune on NSI testing over the past year, I've realized they are a pretty small company and probably in over their heads.  BRS is much larger, and with their recent influx of cash from private investors, a lot of new resources can be thrown at Neptune to beef up their R&D, engineering, and manufacturing capacity.

• Like 2

Wow, interesting!

I would welcome some APEX updates, we all know the list of favorites such as code comment, better conditional logic, support for low cost WiFi enabled outlets etc, etc, etc...

Trident 2.0 is a no brainer as well.  They nailed the trident.

The same financial company that bought out BRS, Marine Depot, and Neptune under the umbrella of BRS also tried to acquire Ecotech.

Currently they are in talk to buy out a livestock wholesaler/importer in Los Angeles 

I hope this consolidation will work good for consumers but base on the past acquisition in an aquarium trade most went bust.

Central Garden is one that is successful in buying out several manufactures in the past and to the present has maintain steady pricing level for several products.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 5:53 PM, goldenbasketreef said:

The same financial company that bought out BRS, Marine Depot, and Neptune under the umbrella of BRS also tried to acquire Ecotech.

Currently they are in talk to buy out a livestock wholesaler/importer in Los Angeles 

I hope this consolidation will work good for consumers but base on the past acquisition in an aquarium trade most went bust.

Central Garden is one that is successful in buying out several manufactures in the past and to the present has maintain steady pricing level for several products.

I think somebody at Bertram was bitten by the reefing bug!?!

Supposedly, they are trying to hire Kevin Kohen (formerly of Divers Den) so that they can offer livestock as well.

It seems that this could go either way--good or bad for the hobby. Will BRS/Neptune continue to carry their competitor controller products? How about the LFS now being asked to stock product (Neptune) from their biggest online competitor (BRS)?