Can someone hold my coral collection? (MOVING)

Teramelos

I picked up a RedSea 260 for a member and sold my old tank.

My corals are in Rubbermaid’s with heater and powerheads but for this amount of money in corals I’m terrified. Any experienced SPS/LPS keepers have a system then can hold 40-45 frags til end of June after I move and my tank cycles through? 
thanks 

Rubbermaid is no problem. I’ve done that during tank changes over several days, and I think it’s pretty common. How long term are you talking? The concern is lighting, salinity, and filtration if it’s more that a few days, assuming you have flow pumps and heaters already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Red Sea Max Nano 20g that is mostly empty. I don't have alkalinity automation on that tank, it just gets 5 gallon water changes from my display tank. I have some softies and LPS in there. I'm close to downtown Portland.

On 5/4/2020 at 3:00 PM, Teramelos said:

I picked up a RedSea 260 for a member and sold my old tank.

My corals are in Rubbermaid’s with heater and powerheads but for this amount of money in corals I’m terrified. Any experienced SPS/LPS keepers have a system then can hold 40-45 frags til end of June after I move and my tank cycles through? 
thanks 

Not to rain on anybody’s parade but I recall recently a tank that was torn down and a friend babysat all his corals with the understanding being “I’m 100% pest free”

Turned out the Reefer had pests and wiped out the others corals in that tank

Red bugs, black bugs, planaria, polyclad, AEFW, pyramid snails-all those pests people don’t always know they have and or know what some are

Hindsight’s horrible for both parties involved 

I’ve helped out with what your asking and came away with a nuisance algae that caused me to tear the QT down and start over-

It’s the other side of the coin of share the love

Time for the haters to attack- 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

We’ve all got bugs, regardless of what you want to believe. Different systems have different balances, and yours might overwhelm mine. Bugs are natural

We should do a "Battle of the Bugs" contest.  🤣

• Like 1

I agree with Brad.....holding someone else’s corals is risky business.  Both sides are taking risks that should probably be avoided.  Not only do people have pests that can transfer either direction, but what happens if the pieces being held end up dying?  Who’s responsible?  I might do it for a close friend that I know is pest free, but for a random person posting on the forum?  

Just my opinion.....share the love!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

We’ve all got bugs, regardless of what you want to believe. Different systems have different balances, and yours might overwhelm mine. Bugs are natural

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with that, my post was specific to pests nobody wants

Sorry to derail your thread Tera :backtotopic: