Official 2012 SPS Growout Thread! Contestants post here!

Here's mine. Not much growth, but its still alive which in and of itself makes me pretty happy! Before and after pics btw, am I the first idiot to get super glue on their teeth and tongue trying to clear the tip with a coral in your hand?

.3235be63-50b5-b578.jpg3235be63-50c5-ad27.jpg

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Here's mine. Not much growth, but its still alive which in and of itself makes me pretty happy! Before and after pics btw, am I the first idiot to get super glue on their teeth and tongue trying to clear the tip with a coral in your hand?

.3235be63-50b5-b578.jpg3235be63-50c5-ad27.jpg

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Hey what ever you and your frag do behind closed doors is non of my buisness :o

I think we have all had issues with super glue. never in my mouth but got my lips once, which was not much fun. By the way your not altering your frag are you (enforcer)

Ok so I moved my frag. I was in the middle of my rock work at a slight angle. I could not measure it very well in that location. So I put it near the top were it will ne easier to measure. The under side of the frag lost some color but I have faith it will color back up in the light of day =). How ever with that being said my frag ha not grown a lick. I think it is storing up energy for a growth spurt right ?

DSCF1726.jpg

Ok so I moved my frag. I was in the middle of my rock work at a slight angle. I could not measure it very well in that location. So I put it near the top were it will ne easier to measure. The under side of the frag lost some color but I have faith it will color back up in the light of day =). How ever with that being said my frag ha not grown a lick. I think it is storing up energy for a growth spurt right ?

DSCF1726.jpg

Ok my turn to put up a "Proof of Life" picture

April @ 11mm

Growout4-21-12.jpg

May @ 12mm

growout5-28.jpg

Not much growth but it has healed over the cut on the top. Some of the polyps are even trying to turn right side up :)

My goal in this growout is to keep it alive and so far so good (whistle)

I think I'll use my holiday pay today to buy a camera DOH!

Mine is doing well. No increase in height that I can tell. As you can see, it's starting to grow down onto the frag plug pretty well and is touching the frag plug almost completely around it's perimeter.

BD40065C.jpg

Also, since I forgot to do it in the initial picture post, here's a quick rundown of my system.

10 gallon long tank, mostly softies with a few favia. This green slimer is my my only SPS. Full rundown at my 10 gallon tank thread.

I'm dosing Salifert All-In-One with the ATO water and doing 20% water changes weekly. Running Chemipure Elite, Purigen and Chaeto.

I also have a small Gnome Glass wood airstone skimmer.

Here is my proof of life! All healed and encrusting around the base (rock2). On a side note.......anybody know where I can get a new ruler? I kinda messed mine up trying to cut it off DOH!

Sounds like a DQ to me. (whistle)

That being said I'm not posting a picture up till the last day I can. I need the most help in all of these growouts we've all done over the past few years..DOH!

Sounds like a DQ to me. (whistle)

That being said I'm not posting a picture up till the last day I can. I need the most help in all of these growouts we've all done over the past few years..DOH!

(fishhit)...........

I've gotten ~2cm of growth in heigth and 2-3cm around the plug encrusted

I'm surprised it's done as well as it has. I made a noob mistake and lowered phosphates WAY too fast (.30 to zero in less than 24 hours) that caused some bleaching and RTN in many of my SPS... Things seem are getting better but this little guy didn't seem to be bothered at all

Entry measurement on 5-8 at 9-10cm

P2190090.jpg

Tonight

frag2.jpg

A pic that shows the encrusting better... and my overly fat blenny that thinks he's the star of the tank

frag3.jpg