Official 2012 SPS Growout Thread! Contestants post here!

Looking good Reefy. I personally prefer the wider base and width of my frag and yours over the strange vertical growth that Jesse got..... ummm (scratch)(shy) You know what I mean...(whistle) However, the rules are the rules and the frag with the tallest growth will win the prize! There is a few months left so there's still hope (fingers)

Wow Noob! That surgical extension really paid off. I'm glad the Dr was able to help you with your... umm... little problem

For me pretty much no vertical growth since my last pic but I expect by next posting the plug will be fully encrusted. It seems to have put all it's growth energy into growing out

frag5.jpg

Encrusting pic

Frag4.jpg

Sorry for the really bad pics this month. I seem to have a hard time taking these solo. I can't really even see the viewer while holding the ruler

Mid contest contest! Pick the ugliest frag!

Rashaan, it looks like you are getting some growth at the bottom like a lot of us. It seems like most of us are getting more encrusting growth and not so much vertical growth.

And I would like to announce another contest within the contest! As soon as all the entries have been submitted, I will have people vote to pick ..... wait for it.............

(Rim)(Rim) The Ugliest Frag! That's right contestants and forum members will vote on what they think is the ugliest frag!(laugh)(clap)(clap) For being loud and proud and fugly the winner will get this prize:

DT's calcium supplements. Calcium, alk, and magnesium are keys in growing successful sps and LPS(clap)Maybe a little supplementation will help!

DSC00634ARW.jpg

Sounds like I just might win the overall contest and the ugliest. (clap)

Rashaan, it looks like you are getting some growth at the bottom like a lot of us. It seems like most of us are getting more encrusting growth and not so much vertical growth.

And I would like to announce another contest within the contest! As soon as all the entries have been submitted, I will have people vote to pick ..... wait for it.............

(Rim)(Rim) The Ugliest Frag! That's right contestants and forum members will vote on what they think is the ugliest frag!(laugh)(clap)(clap) For being loud and proud and fugly the winner will get this prize:

DT's calcium supplements. Calcium, alk, and magnesium are keys in growing successful sps and LPS(clap)Maybe a little supplementation will help!

DSC00634ARW.jpg

I'm getting decent encrusting, but not any vertical growth that I can really see. Here's my pic, so I don't get the boot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12900&d=1341685445

Big John, that might get the ugliest vote, well at least from me! For some reason it looks like a big boil! BTW how are those Fruit Loop Zoas doing? My just ended up completely melting away about 4 months ago. Those Red Hornets are great!

Last minute post! I haven't really paid much attention to mine. I trimmed it a bit as it was growing algae off the top. 10 mm and struggling. It's kind of still alive. (scratch) I suck at pictures; I know.

Everything else in my tank is doing far better. (nutty)

And now... back to enjoying the summer.

2012-07-08%252014.22.54.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Any chance I can get an updated picture of my chalice that your holding............(whistle)

Oh its not doing well..... I think it may have melted!! (whistle) (scary) Might as well forget about it Noob.... gunna have to settle for the 2nd place prize!!

• Like 1

Oh its not doing well..... I think it may have melted!! (whistle) (scary) Might as well forget about it Noob.... gunna have to settle for the 2nd place prize!!

That's alright I'm sure i can find something of the same value in your tanks..(while)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hey Noob how is that mutant grafted frag holding up(scratch), I thought for sure you would have killed it by now(scary), I guess a blind squirell will find a nut a sonner or later-(whistle)

Sorry to hear about the chalice-(sad)

(laugh)

I think I've finally figured out the sps tricks of the trade. I will explain after the chalice resides in my tank..:eek:

I think I've finally figured out the sps tricks of the trade. I will explain after the chalice resides in my tank..:eek:

Tricks of the trade are your LED's! My tank is growing great with them now!!! It took about a month and 98% of everything LOVES my new LED's!

Thats awesome news-Please PM or text me the details of the so called "tricks of the trade" unless it involves a saw/bonecutters and glue (whistle)

I'm giving myself the;

boot.jpg

the competition is to tough and my frag sucks anyway-(laugh) plus I moved it, its in a new tank-see the little guy, its not where it used to be-(clap)

slimer.jpg

After I get DQ'd gimme a ring-