Official 2012 SPS Growout Thread! Contestants post here!

Wish I had some of jodys secret food like I know others are using on this... Send me some and I won't reveal your true identities....(whistle)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

If its a secret why are you telling people-(scratch)hmmm maybe I should start using it instead of just letting it sit in my garage(whistle)

maybe tomorrow will be a good time to pull out the secret weapon (since its not a secret anymore)(scary)

(kneel)

I really hope this works. This is for you brad.

(popcorn) Click Me

th_mooning.jpg

-----------(laugh)

Hey Brad did you miss this? OMG that's hillarious rofl. So far this is the winner for the best use of technology to trash talk! (clap)(clap)

Nice! I want dibs on the ones that look like petrified dog poop.

Fraggrowut fuhrer! I love it!(clap)(clap) I'm a pretty laid back growout fuhrer. Awesome spreadsheet Omar!(clap)(clap) Great idea! Congrats I'm giving you a bag of frag plugs!

Nice! I want dibs on the ones that look like petrified dog poop.

Fraggrowut fuhrer! I love it!(clap)(clap) I'm a pretty laid back growout fuhrer. Awesome spreadsheet Omar!(clap)(clap) Great idea! Congrats I'm giving you a bag of frag plugs!

Those would be the naturals and I can bring them to the meeting! I assume you are going.

I know I'm last, but better late then never. Here is my setup....

185 gallon acrylic tank w/55 gallon sump

ATB 1050 in-sump skimmer

Vortech MP40 x 2

ATI 54x10W Powermodule Lighting Fixture

Tanks is still brand new, so I'm not running or dosing anything at the moment. This GOC frag is the first coral to go into the tank so cross your fingers (scary).

.....And last, but not least, weighing in at a hefty 7mm, and fighting with the BLUE RULER.......

IMG_2450.jpg

He might be the smallest now, but he's gonna pack a punch by the time this GOC is over!(cheer)

(bored)

I thought the joke was the Mac rofl

I actually have both MAC and PC. I just like to sit in front of my TV that is my monitor for my PC and use my Mac that I got for a price that I don't think anyone would ever pass up. Brad you always seem to be on it when it comes to something like this. But I guess we all have our days that we are a bit slow.(bored)

Brad (worthless) or a video

I know I'm last, but better late then never. Here is my setup....

185 gallon acrylic tank w/55 gallon sump

ATB 1050 in-sump skimmer

Vortech MP40 x 2

ATI 54x10W Powermodule Lighting Fixture

Tanks is still brand new, so I'm not running or dosing anything at the moment. This GOC frag is the first coral to go into the tank so cross your fingers (scary).

.....And last, but not least, weighing in at a hefty 7mm, and fighting with the BLUE RULER.......

IMG_2450.jpg

He might be the smallest now, but he's gonna pack a punch by the time this GOC is over!(cheer)

Woo hoo! Everyone has posted! Welcome to the cool blue ruler club! (clap) I was going to give you the yellow ruler but Beth grabbed a blue one! (laugh) Okay now that everyone has posted I will pick out several of the submissions and we can all vote on them.

JUST BACK FROM A LONG TRIP TO THE COAST.... SO WHO CAME OVER AND KILLED MY FRAG WHILE I WAS GONE? LOOKS LIKE I AM FIRST ONE OUT. GOOD LUCK TO THE REST.

Wow Taylor that sucks.DOH! Been there done that. I don't know how the corals know when you go away but that's why I am not doing a lot of sps now. I got tired of going out of town and returning to white frags. On the positive congrats you win some frag plugs for being the first one out!(clap)(clap)

I'm willing to sell my vote for a frag of BPC Flamethrower' date=' Tyree Ice Fire Echinata, or Tyree Grinch mystic sunset montipora. Whoever is first to pm me gets the vote. rofl[/quote']

(laugh) good luck with that! Roger's frag plugs are nice and all but not thinking they are worth any of those high end corals!

Wow Taylor that sucks.DOH! Been there done that. I don't know how the corals know when you go away but that's why I am not doing a lot of sps now. I got tired of going out of town and returning to white frags. On the positive congrats you win some frag plugs for being the first one out!(clap)(clap)

Well thank you.

Almost forgot to repost a pic with the cut ruler (it's been hectic around here. My wife has a chronic health issue that's been rearing it's ugly head lately requiring many all day stays at the hospital)

The cut ruler thing is going to help me a lot with consistent and accurate measurements

P2190090.jpg

9.5mm?

• 3 weeks later...

June Post

Let me be the first to post the June post. I am going to be pretty busy the next couple of weeks so did not want to be booted out of my own competition for forgetting! That would be embarrassing!(laugh) I also posted a picture of the TECO watermelon. Getting good growth. It will be a nice colony when I win this thing. Everyone today is the first day you can post and June 8 will be the last day. Did get a little bit of growth. You can see how the frag is encrusting on the bottom of the plug which is a good way to tell that something has been fragged for a while.

I posted from last month as I like progession shots but you don't have to it just makes me feel better that yes there is growth! :)

DSC00882ARW.jpg

DSC01177ARW-1.jpg

And the TECO Watermelon

DSC00884ARW.jpg

DSC01182ARW.jpg

DSC00882ARW.jpg

DSC01177ARW-1.jpg

Obviously a diffrent coral, fist picture it had a nice curve and now its straight. Something fishy is going on (fishhit)

On a serious note looks good, mine needs to buck up a bit here.

Good observation, politics will always corrupt people

Nice job "el presidente elect"

I notice the ruler alterations have taken place as well- I know they want the TEC but really gals

Well here we go its a simple case of "slimergate" and "rulergate"

When will the corruption end

Lol I like slimergate, it has a more sleazy sound to it!! :)

I'm glad my 3mm of growth is frightening enough to you both to incite accusations of the ol switcheroo (laugh)

Today the presidency!! Tomorrow the world!!! (rock2)

Slimergate is on!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk