ReeFi gen 2 high power LEDs

danlu_gt

What are the dimensions on this WB tank? 3x2? Is that the max spread Daniel?
I think that waterbox is 3ft x 2ft.

Spread really depends on the height of the mount. I would say at most 3ft for even spread. For tanks full of tightly dense SPS colonies, you would probably want more led units closer together.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, danlu_gt said:

I think that waterbox is 3ft x 2ft.

Spread really depends on the height of the mount. I would say at most 3ft for even spread. For tanks full of tightly dense SPS colonies, you would probably want more led units closer together.

No SPS here. Leathers, LPS, Euphyllias, etc...easy stuff lol. Light looks promising

No SPS here. Leathers, LPS, Euphyllias, etc...easy stuff lol. Light looks promising
Then you can probably go 4ft spread with higher mount but there will be a lot of light spilling out on the front and back for long narrow tanks.

1 hour ago, Lexinverts said:

I’ve got two running over my frag tank, which is sps heavy. You can stop by sometime and see them in person if you want.

Absolutely! Would love to check them out

On 7/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, danlu_gt said:

Stop by Cuttlefish & Corals to see ReeFi LED Duo Extreme on Waterbox display.
4746c3b07b5b14993886757210e2cbcc.jpg

I saw this light in person today for the first time.  Very impressive!  I love the clean sleek design, and the lighting looked great in the tank.

@danlu_gt Have you published any documentation for this light?  I'm really curious to see the user interface, programming instructions, and all the features.

4 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

I saw this light in person today for the first time.  Very impressive!  I love the clean sleek design, and the lighting looked great in the tank.

@danlu_gt Have you published any documentation for this light?  I'm really curious to see the user interface, programming instructions, and all the features.

Cuttlefish doesn't have it's own WiFi network yet, so the ReeFi LED is running in AP mode, which means it create it's own WiFi SSID:  ReeFiLED2-xxxxx. 

1. You can connect to that ReeFiLED2-xxxxx WiFI SSID.
  2. Load web browser (best with Chrome) and enter the IP Address (displayed on the OLED screen), usually 192.168.4.1 when in AP mode.

I will try to help Jeff setup WiFi network at Cuttlefish when I'm back from Atlanta.  I think adding a WiFi bridge to XfinityWiFi, then LAN connect that to a regular WiFI router should do the trick.

I've made a youtube video that goes over the features.  It's on an slightly older firmware and user interface.  Newer version have some visual improvements and a couple new features.

• Like 3

First day of one man assembly line...
Took awhile to locate all the different parts. I should I've label the boxes better.
12 done, 588 to go..Hmm.. will need to try to recruit my nephews and niece. Haha364cc8da98982b1853039251968a8c49.jpg8e59990c26687be03c939acf0e150428.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/26/2019 at 7:33 PM, albertareef said:

Wow... that will keep you busy for a while.  Hope you still make it back in time for the August meeting so we can see these bad boys in person!  Definitely need to call in the extended family crew for some help there 😃

No luck recruiting my nephews and niece.  Can't compete with phones and tablets, go figure.  Maybe I can temporary open a montessori daycare... my fingers are too fat to put those tiny insulator washers on M3 screws.  haha  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Your light looks great on my tank, and I really appreciate the lack of glare when I’m sitting across the room.  The Radion really spills light everywhere even with the diffuser, but yours just illuminates inside the tank:

9C44C9C7-C2BA-48AA-B29D-1EB4DAEEEB1B.jpeg

Anyone who wants to see this side-by-side comparison of the ReeFi Extreme and the Radion XR30 Pro should attend this Saturday’s meeting and BBQ at my house. Daniel will be demonstrating his light and control interface, and there will be raffle prizes!  Please RSVP here.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Your light looks great on my tank, and I really appreciate the lack of glare when I’m sitting across the room.  The Radion really spills light everywhere even with the diffuser, but yours just illuminates inside the tank:

9C44C9C7-C2BA-48AA-B29D-1EB4DAEEEB1B.jpeg

Anyone who wants to see this side-by-side comparison of the ReeFi Extreme and the Radion XR30 Pro should attend this Saturday’s meeting and BBQ at my house. Daniel will be demonstrating his light and control interface, and there will be raffle prizes!  Please RSVP here.

Wow, John, you can really see the difference Daniel’s reflectors make! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, danlu_gt said:

Made a RMS adaptor for ReeFi LED Duo Extreme. Below is John's tank (left Radion, right ReeFi).27c30a7729c164638e3c16791ca9b7db.jpgf6aed74eea8fa9e4b6406c8c3a585ab2.jpg

@danlu_gt I posted a quick write-up about your lights on my Reef2Reef build thread:  https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/suncrestreefs-red-sea-reefer-xl-425-build.358990/post-6411779

• Like 3