ReeFi gen 2 high power LEDs

danlu_gt

I woke up at 3am and couldn’t get back to sleep, so I got up and looked at my tank.  Both my Radion and Daniel’s ReeFi were in moonlight mode, and again I was impressed with how little side glare comes from the ReeFi.  The illumination of the corals looked about the same from both even though it hardly looks like his light is on:

8B224175-0689-400F-82CB-55E2790D47AF.jpeg

• Like 4

Introducing Save $100 for ReeFi Love

One of the main pillars of ReeFi mission is to provide best value to our customers. As we explore different ways to promote our new ReeFi Duo Extreme LEDs, what better way to reach wider audience and still be best value than to let our ReeFi users be our voice.

If you’re willing to give a little love to ReeFi by tagging @ReeFi in your favorite Facebook reef groups with your experiences and pictures of your reef setup with ReeFi Duo Extreme. Make sure you like ReeFi FB page so you can tag ReeFi. Also share your experiences and pictures of your reef setup with ReeFi Duo Extreme on your favorite reef forum. We would love to see pictures of your corals as they color up and grow progressions with ReeFi. Use the following coupon code to save $100 for each ReeFi Duo Extreme! Save and then Share with coupon: ReeFiLove

Oh yeah, if you won the $100 ReeFi GC from raffles, that can be stack on top of this!

ReeFiLove.jpg

Edited by danlu_gt
  • Like 4

I will forever remember this coupon. I see no expiration date. 

The good science you did as compared to other brands (https://www.reefi-lab.com/reefi-led-duo-info/ ) make these lights well worth it. 

I imagine I might get one in the next year. I am modifying the Fremont Runner into a more portable all-in-one Fremont Runner Jr, while I collect Pacific Northwest Corals. I imagine one of these would mix with the depth of the tank and dimensions. 

A+ on the Reefi-Lab technicals. 

Edited by milesmiles902
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

I just ordered a pair of ReeFi Duo Extremes!  I'm pretty excited.

Watch the classifieds soon for a pair of slightly used Radion XR30w Pro G4's with diffusers for sale. 😎

Sweet! I missed out on seeing these at the BBQ on your tank. I guess they will be there to see at a “future” meeting hopefully

• Like 2

3 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

That's awesome John!  Those look great.  Can we see the same video sans filter?  My Hydra's have a ton of side bleed and if/when I lose one outside of warranty I'm already planning on selling the other 3 and getting 3 of these.  I'm jealous! 

Here's a video shot without my filter:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, youcallmenny said:

That's awesome John!  Those look great.  Can we see the same video sans filter?  My Hydra's have a ton of side bleed and if/when I lose one outside of warranty I'm already planning on selling the other 3 and getting 3 of these.  I'm jealous! 

You might check with Daniel but I think 2 would do the trick Greg

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Tell that to my 4 x Hydra 26's!  I will definitely check before I buy anything though.   

What do you think @danlu_gt?  How many lights to cover a 63 x 24 x 25 tank?  

I got 3 for my Reefer750, because I wanted to reduce the likelihood of shading. It’s probably more PAR than I need, though.

Once my mounts arrive, I’ll post some pics on my tank thread. This should give you a sense of what 3 look like on a similar-sized tank as yours.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

Any clue if these might skip in those t5 hybrid fixtures instead of say the ai Hydra led? I'd love these due to reduced side bleed, I could move my tank to the living room and still see the TV. 

ReeFi Duo Extreme/Deluxe size is:  12.6″L x 8″W x 1.9″H.

I'm not familiar with T5 hybrid fixtures.  Do you have dimensions for the T5 hybrid fixtures?  Just curious if T5 really helps when they are 12+ inches off the water?

• 2 weeks later...
If not, I'm sure@danlu_gt could possibly 3d print one that will fit[emoji6]

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

No, the 2040 profile is different.  I ordered the black anodized 2040 aluminum from ZYLtech which are pretty inexpansive.  No other hardware is needed.  However, you could replace my corner 3D printed part with corner bolt hardware to make it super sturdy.

Link to buy 2040 Aluminum profile:
http://www.zyltech.com/zyltech-2040-anodized-aluminum-extrusion-pre-cut-lengths-300mm-2000mm/

Below is pic of the model using 2040 and all the 3D printed parts.

2040_model.jpg

2040_parts.jpg

• Like 4