August BBQ at SuncrestReef

badxgillen

For our August meeting, we’re doing something a little different.  @SuncrestReef, our resident Apex guru and newest board member, is opening up his house for a tour of his highly automated reef tank and a backyard BBQ.

This will be chance to see some cool high-tech gear in action:  Automated water changes, automated skimmer neck cleaner and smart skimmate locker, emergency backup battery power and generator, and of course the Trident!  As an added bonus, @danlu_gt will present a demo of his amazing ReeFi DUO LED light fixtures, with a side-by-side comparison against SuncrestReef’s Radion XR30 Pro.

As always there will be some cool raffle prizes, and tasty food.

When:  Saturday, August 24 at 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Where:  19194 SW Suncrest Lane, Beaverton, OR 97007     View on map
Parking:  Driveway and on-street parking

Suncrest Reef Meet 2.jpg

There’s only one rule:  Cooper, the overly-friendly black lab, is on a very strict diet due to food allergies.  Please don’t feed Cooper anything, no matter how much he acts like he’s starving.  He’s had enough emergency vet visits and doesn’t need another one.

Suncrest Reef meet 1.jpg

• Like 17

Really looking forward to this meeting. Suncrest has kind of set the bar for automation and leveraging the capabilities of the apex in systems control so will be a treat to see this setup in action. Also super excited to see the new ReeFi lights in action and hear about their capabilities directly from the man himself. Oh yeah,  and then there is BBQ!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a really nice place and great place to have a bbq! Suncrestreef is very generous with his knowledge and just in general.  I have a work event the same day on opposite sides of town so not sure if I can make it. If you can , you should all come as his tank is a technological wonder and an Ocds wet dream!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

This is the kind of lawn game I'd love...If anyone has one of these, PLEASE bring it over:

We could stuff @albertareef inside and roll him around. 🤣

He would probably puke and ruin it for the next person....................

Some lawn darts sound fun though..............I remember those from my childhood.............when a kid could be a kid and live dangerously :laugh:

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta Bump this up seeing as it is this afternoon! It is going to be an amazing time I am sure!

Unfortunately for me, I had surgery on a fractured foot yesterday, making this one of the Very Few times that I will not be able to attend a meeting 😞 

• Sad 4

Thanks to all of you for coming out today!  I had a great time and loved showing off my tank.

I've only been in this hobby for about a year and a half now, but I'm so impressed with all the great people I've met and the camaraderie of the reefing community.  Thank you all for your advice and kind words in this short amount of time I've been involved with the group.

And a special Thank You to @danlu_gt Daniel for the ReeFi demo today.  They are very impressive lights, and I'm sure they will be a big success in the industry.

Happy reefing, everyone!!! 

• Like 6