February Meeting - 2/19

reefrun

Ok, late notice I know.. but the next monthly meeting will be at my place. Details below, pizza and drinks will be available!

Time: Sunday the 19th, from 12:00 - 2:00

Location: 1610 Ash St., Lake Oswego (about 12 minutes from Cuttlefish!)

We will be focusing on this being an equipment swap.. bring your unneeded equipment to sell or give away (I know I have plenty for the free box). Feel free to list what you're bringing in this thread. 

You can also look at the good and ugly side of the hobby.. after remodeling my kitchen, a lot of my sps have lost their color. BUT you can see a large collection of Tie Dye Jawbreakers 😜

Please let us know if you are coming so we can plan the right amount of food!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, reefrun said:

We will be focusing on this being an equipment swap.. bring your unneeded equipment to sell or give away (I know I have plenty for the free box). Feel free to list what you're bringing in this thread. 

I'll be there, and bring a few things.

Your timing was perfect, I cleaned my fish supplies pile (aka, the garage) yesterday.   I know three things I'm bringing Right Now!

• 75W UV (Well used, so not looking for much.  light works)
  • 36" tall downdraft skimmer, even if you just want to buy it for the gate valve
  • 24" tall X-Flow 6-3.5 Skimmer.  Including cool venturi valve

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Meditation said:

I'd love to come but is this at like... a personal residence? I am unclear as to the norms and general vibe of this space and would love to be informed more on the general context of these meet-ups :D Thank you.

When meeting at a members home, the vibe is casual and respectful of the owner.    I'm confident @reefrun will guide us to where we're welcome to hang out and explore (likely around a tank), that's where I'll be.     Because we're holding an equipment swap, I'm expecting some space away from a tank for us as well.

Casual, Chill, Share.    I always learn something, from some member, and enjoying talking tanks.   Come, check it out.  It's two hours, enjoy.

[Additional inputs welcomed from other club leaders.]    

I'll try and swing by....if I do, here's what I'll bring:

- 3 Hanna Alkalinity checkers (1 with reagent only used once, expires 3/2023, 1 with NIB reagent, but it expired 9/2022, and one with no reagent)
- 1 Hanna Calcium checker (half reagent remaining, expires 1/2024)
- 1 Hanna Low Range Nitrate checker (2 unopened reagent boxes, both with 10/2025 expiration)
- 1 Salifert Saltwater Master Test kit (unopened)
- 2 Red Sea Algae Control Pro Test kits (1 unopened, 1 half used)
- 1 Red Sea Marine Care Multi Test kit (half used)

52 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

When meeting at a members home, the vibe is casual and respectful of the owner.    I'm confident @reefrun will guide us to where we're welcome to hang out and explore (likely around a tank), that's where I'll be.     Because we're holding an equipment swap, I'm expecting some space away from a tank for us as well.

Casual, Chill, Share.    I always learn something, from some member, and enjoying talking tanks.   Come, check it out.  It's two hours, enjoy.

[Additional inputs welcomed from other club leaders.]    

Yep, exactly this. We used to have pretty much all the meetings in someone’s home. It’s fun to see how others set up their tanks and corals that have grown out. This is my first time hosting one, and I’m excited with geek out about corals with a group at my house!

1 minute ago, reefrun said:

Yep, exactly this. We used to have pretty much all the meetings in someone’s home. It’s fun to see how others set up their tanks and corals that have grown out. This is my first time hosting one, and I’m excited with geek out about corals with a group at my house!

BTW - next month I'm expecting the meeting to be at my house.  Meeting announcement will be sent after this Sunday's meeting.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 7:18 AM, John Vinson said:

I'll try and swing by....if I do, here's what I'll bring:

- 3 Hanna Alkalinity checkers (1 with reagent only used once, expires 3/2023, 1 with NIB reagent, but it expired 9/2022, and one with no reagent)
- 1 Hanna Calcium checker (half reagent remaining, expires 1/2024)
- 1 Hanna Low Range Nitrate checker (2 unopened reagent boxes, both with 10/2025 expiration)
- 1 Salifert Saltwater Master Test kit (unopened)
- 2 Red Sea Algae Control Pro Test kits (1 unopened, 1 half used)
- 1 Red Sea Marine Care Multi Test kit (half used)

I’ll take the nitrate checker