Want some lighting opinions

Parzifal

I’m finalizing planning for the 360 I got from Andrew.

ive got most of the Kessils I’m going to use (8 of them spaced in 2 rows of 4, 2’ apart each).

that won’t be enough light most likely for SPS and clams, so I’m thinking some fixture style lights like 6x radion xr15’s or 3 Orpheks Atlantik’s. These would be places between the Kessil pucks.

this way I could spread par more evenly and kee that beautiful Kessil shimmer.

what are your thoughts on Atlantik vs Radion?

I have to say I'm very happy and impressed with the Red Sea ReefLED 160S lights. Buy from Cuttlefish. Simple like Kessel, which is my biggest praise. Unless you like having 5 channels to play with for no real reason, I'd highly recommend. And I've had the XR30 Radion (non pro), and 160S blows them away imo.

2 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

I have to say I'm very happy and impressed with the Red Sea ReefLED 160S lights. Buy from Cuttlefish. Simple like Kessel, which is my biggest praise. Unless you like having 5 channels to play with for no real reason, I'd highly recommend. And I've had the XR30 Radion (non pro), and 160S blows them away imo.

Thanks! I’ll check those out.   

are you basing that off PAR readings, or visuals?

The Quanta Reef Bars are solid and are a good deal. I have 4 of them on my frag tanks. They would probably be a good supplement along the sides for what you come up with for your main lights.

Daniel's ReeFi lights are the ones that I run over my display. They are a much better value than Orpheks or Radions. They are about 40% cheaper and have a 3 year warranty. The ReeFi Unos are out of stock right now, but the Duos are still available for $650 each (with a coupon) and are equivalent in wattage, par, and spread to the much more expensive Radions and Orpheks.

Take a look at my picures of 10 months of Oregon Tort growth under ReeFi Unos. I love 'em!

• Like 1

So many good choices.  I’ve reached out to Jeff to order me some Red Sea 160s.  

not the best spectrum based on the tests I’ve seen, but exactly the coverage I’m looking for with a good spectrum.

Those combined with the 360x’s should create a nicely blanketed tank with great spectral characteristics.