Reefnjunkie's 400 gallon inwall

reefnjunkie

Let me know if you want any help moving things.

Thanks for the offer Kris. The corals are out already and mid next week I'll transfer the fish to their temp homes and put the live rock in 55 gallon drums. If all goes as planned the tank goes in the 17th or 18th- I'll need 3 others for that and the tanks are not that bad ( if I recall LOL), one person per corner

Nice! You got a regal! Is it finding any food scraps left behind from that trigger?

I've not seen it eat any food I've added ( or the trigger missed :) ), it does however graze on the rock work all day and has a fat little body. My coral beauty was the same, it took close to 5 weeks before it took any LRS.

That Trochus snail to the right is nearly the size of that little fish. That's the only fish I'm concerned about when moving the fish. I'm hopeful it will be in its temp home 2 weeks (or less) and there will be plenty of food it can find. We are picking up the new tank this Saturday and hopefully next weekend I can gather some help for the swap.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely gorgeous and so clean! But man, look at all the real estate that pesky monti is taking up!

Same dimensions as before? Maybe this has been answered, but why the new tank? Besides supreme OCD?

Do you mean the poker star??? Not the scroll. If it's the poker star, I kill it off with acid and attach sticks to it, it's low on the food chain. I replaced the old since the sand was getting dirty and the sides needed cleaning :) On a serious note, I felt I had a few seams that at some point would fail so I decided to be proactive and not reactive. That was the biggest motivator, then there was the rockscape, and all the sticks I wanted to add but couldn't because all the other colonies took up all the real estate, then the AEFW (granted I perfected a way to isolate the display from my farg tanks- I bet it was hard to tell I had them-OCD and leopard wrasses. ;)

The was quite the list of why it was the right thing. Back to the AEFW, I dipped every FREAKING acro I have, (all 5 of the 4 foot frag tanks) every single weekend for 7 weeks, it took close to 5 hours each dipping but I got that [language filter] down to a science now :)

That's my short answer

dang dude, new tank!? Right on.

"Tank of the month" LOL

Hahaha I already posted my TOTM in the FTS thread, it's the one with all the cyno :)

Looks good! Did you fix the trim yet? Can not really tell from the pic.

Cant wait to see what you come up with for the rock work.

Nope you can see the sides, I'll be fixing that this weekend.

I'm going with a very minimalistic (is that a word?) look, lots a negative space for that Zen look -hahaha

• Like 1

Looking good! Really like the right side how you were able to taper it from low to high as from front to back...provides good prospective. I just wish you could get  a plate-ish rock on the most upper right corner of the rockscape...but yeah, looks good@!