Reefnjunkie's 400 gallon inwall

reefnjunkie

• 3 months later...

Nice!!! You've got a trio now?! Did the male transition back to a female? Did you buy a second male? So many questions...

The first pic was the female I got for the male you see in the 2nd pic. The 3rd pic is the same fish as picture two, it's just in a transitional phase.

Really cool fish but it was SO cool when it's was super male. It may have noticed how all my male wrasses have end up dead somehow :(

All super males dead, I'm afraid I have a tank full of murdering ladies it's my tanks version of the TV show snapped

Male flame -dead

Male rhomboid- dead

Male Red Margin-dead

Male Scott's Fairy-dead

All the females they were paired with are still alive, maybe the Red Tamrin just realized it had choices....... :)

• Like 2

That's crazy. Don't hear of that too often. Any ideas as to the cause of the male transitioning back? I assume it's larger than the female. Any other fish being aggressive towards it? How long after the female was added did it start to transition? I wonder if it will transition back at some point. Keep us posted.

You've at least done a good job keeping one of the more difficult wrasses alive for quite some time, so cheers to that!  :drinking:

That's crazy. Don't hear of that too often. Any ideas as to the cause of the male transitioning back? I assume it's larger than the female. Any other fish being aggressive towards it? How long after the female was added did it start to transition? I wonder if it will transition back at some point. Keep us posted.

You've at least done a good job keeping one of the more difficult wrasses alive for quite some time, so cheers to that!  :drinking:

The female is much smaller and nobody shows any aggression. My guess is my reef is so docile it just decided to chill and no need for the "super" ego LOL

It would be nice to have one turn male-My female Hawaiian is turning male so that's good news (to me)

Thanks brother

Its a disease [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Kinda, but it keeps me out of trouble from being too broke to do anything else. The feeling of coming home after a long day of work and having your own little piece of the reef is priceless!
  • Like 2

But what about the dilapidated ones you have now that are ready to burst :laugh:

That will look much better under the tank!

I figured I'll cut them down into manageable pieces so I can easily toss them into the recycle containers-I was told there is a place off of Dekum and MLK (I think)

Wanareef mentioned someplace it won't cost me $$ initially I was taking them to the dump-no time to mess with "free come pick them up"

I was gonna try an install the sump today but to busy, next Saturday is the new plan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow the new sump gets installed, I decided to move a few frags inside the display to make it easier tomorrow

The fish make it difficult to see some of the frags LOL

bacd9bfc0629e69cde67118a4933010a.jpg

5eb326aacba7d7191562afd7e5641899.jpg

875214cd655b63dbece666fb969e23fa.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pics where's my Avast tube ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Brad! Some of those are so good they don't even look real. Corals + fish + photography... you're like a triple threat.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

To bad the front view through the tank isnt as nice as top down, still nice but....

I need to see if there is a lens wherethe subject is 6" or less :(

Quite a few colonies are to big to photograph top down