Sign in to follow this  
SuncrestReef

PNWMAS history?

Since I'm still relatively new here, I don't know the history of this group.  When was PNWMAS founded, who were the founders, are they still active in the group, and who currently runs the organization?  As a techie, I'm also curious where this forum is hosted, how much storage is needed for the platform, who maintains it, and what are the average monthly hits?  Just curious, that's all.

• Like 2

@Chief our admin has been here from the beginning. He can give you that information.

@stylaster is the current president. 

@TheClark are other admin can give you the technical information you seek. 😀

• Like 1

Also, depending on what version you're running (e.g. desktop, mobile, Tapatalk) there should be a link at the top of the page that gives you the constitution, by-laws, and all the officers' information.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Invision Power Board, Amazon S3 storage (unlimited, for a cost), 

We surge up and down in traffic, depending on what is going on.  Here is the last 30 days....

vCvLvMP.png

• Like 2

I can only give you info on the club as far back as I know.   The club was around for quite a while before I came around.  Members like Jmanrow and krux have been around longer.  I started to go to the monthly meetings in late 2005.  It was an exciting time.  The club wanted to become a non profit so we could accept donations from large corporations, charge for premium membership, bring in speakers, etc.  so we developed our articles of incorporation in Feb of 2006, voted in our officers and board of directors and started our first charter membership.  I was the secretary during our initial charter membership.  We didn’t have our own website.  We had a sub forum on The Reef Tank forum.  It’s still there and we would use it from time to time when this site would go down.   That hasn’t happened for a while now.  This site is very stable.  I was President for 3 or 4 years and admin as soon as we started our own website and have been ever since (except for a brief period after a very bad crash).  

Unfortunately, this hobby will chew you up and spit you out.  I myself have started over after 2 tank crashes.  Many of our original members have come and gone.  Some come back after some time off.  There was a charter member book that we all signed, but I do not know if it is still around.  

There are a lot of great people here.   Welcome to the PNWMAS.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, Chief said:

I can only give you info on the club as far back as I know.   The club was around for quite a while before I came around.  Members like Jmanrow and krux have been around longer.  I started to go to the monthly meetings in late 2005.  It was an exciting time.  The club wanted to become a non profit so we could accept donations from large corporations, charge for premium membership, bring in speakers, etc.  so we developed our articles of incorporation in Feb of 2006, voted in our officers and board of directors and started our first charter membership.  I was the secretary during our initial charter membership.  We didn’t have our own website.  We had a sub forum on The Reef Tank forum.  It’s still there and we would use it from time to time when this site would go down.   That hasn’t happened for a while now.  This site is very stable.  I was President for 3 or 4 years and admin as soon as we started our own website and have been ever since (except for a brief period after a very bad crash).  

Unfortunately, this hobby will chew you up and spit you out.  I myself have started over after 2 tank crashes.  Many of our original members have come and gone.  Some come back after some time off.  There was a charter member book that we all signed, but I do not know if it is still around.  

Great info Jay!  I was around somewhat for that first launch but just as a member then disappeared for 7 years or so after a bad crash (seems to be a pattern).  Missed the drama of “the big site crash” that took us offline for a bit. 

1 hour ago, Chief said:

Thanks for the background info.  I've really enjoyed the forums so far and looking forward to meeting more members at future meetings.