Help with mounting hybrid fixture

Lazyreefer

I am trying to hang this led hybrid fixture horizontally from the wall using some sort of a mount issue is where it will hang from at the farthest point that second loop of wire is about 32 inches away from the wall so the mount has to go out pretty far to allow the light to hang over the middle of the tank.... Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your time 🙏🏻

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am going to try the same thing using an Aquatic Life cantilever wall mount.  Two vertical metal brackets attach to the wall. The screw on the hybrid fixture closest to the wall attaches to a short arm connected to the vertical bracket. The farther screw uses a cable that attaches to the same vertical bracket.

18 hours ago, markv said:

I am going to try the same thing using an Aquatic Life cantilever wall mount.  Two vertical metal brackets attach to the wall. The screw on the hybrid fixture closest to the wall attaches to a short arm connected to the vertical bracket. The farther screw uses a cable that attaches to the same vertical bracket.

Nice I will have to look into this more👍🏻 

18 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

Mine is a little different, but my idea would work the same for your scenario. Three-quarter inch schedule 40 steel pipe. Threaded elbow with maybe 20” vertical down and clamp the vertical to the wall studs or a painted piece of wood attached to studs 

image.jpg

I really like the look of that! There’s nothing supporting the bar other then the connection to the wall is there? 

24 minutes ago, Lazyreefer said:

Nice I will have to look into this more👍🏻 

I really like the look of that! There’s nothing supporting the bar other then the connection to the wall is there? 

Mine is connected to the false ceiling going into my kitchen above my cabinets. Doing a 48” fixture cantilevered off the wall this direction is a pretty big moment at that joint, so you’d need to make sure it’s into studs and has large enough screws to handle the load 

7 hours ago, ocboat said:

I'm not sure how long of a pipe this would work with but I'm using 24" pipe with 12" diameter to hang my hybrid.

IMG_3930.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG

Nice I like how that looks! Definitely what I’m trying to go for but with 1 bar in the middle of those two loops mines just the 24” one with 2 ai primes 

2 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Check out this 8020 light support bar.  Isn’t this exactly what you’re trying to do?

This stuff would be best case I think but it is pretty expensive and I looked it up and couldn’t really find somewhere to buy it besides Amazon and it wouldn’t be long enough... I definitely appreciate the heads up on it I wish I could find where to get the 1515 railing like that 

18 minutes ago, Lazyreefer said:

This stuff would be best case I think but it is pretty expensive and I looked it up and couldn’t really find somewhere to buy it besides Amazon and it wouldn’t be long enough... I definitely appreciate the heads up on it I wish I could find where to get the 1515 railing like that 

I just ordered some aluminum from 8020.net for a project I'm working on.  It's not as expensive as you'd think.  The 1.5" rails like in this video are only $0.39 per inch.  The mounting hardware is also pretty affordable:

https://8020.net/1515-uls.html

10 hours ago, Lazyreefer said:

Of course this Entire Pallet is more than you need, but if you can do your own cutting or use lengths they have - this is 8020 equiv, off Craigslist.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/bfs/d/columbia-city-large-lot-of-minitec/7257576118.html

I've seen other offers in the last 6 months come up.   I ended up just ordering exactly what I needed from 8020.net.   Also, check ebay, I saw plenty of misc like this there.

11 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

I just ordered some aluminum from 8020.net for a project I'm working on.  It's not as expensive as you'd think.  The 1.5" rails like in this video are only $0.39 per inch.  The mounting hardware is also pretty affordable:

https://8020.net/1515-uls.html

Oh sweet thank you! Have you received yours yet did it take a long time? 

1 hour ago, obrien.david.j said:

Of course this Entire Pallet is more than you need, but if you can do your own cutting or use lengths they have - this is 8020 equiv, off Craigslist.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/bfs/d/columbia-city-large-lot-of-minitec/7257576118.html

I've seen other offers in the last 6 months come up.   I ended up just ordering exactly what I needed from 8020.net.   Also, check ebay, I saw plenty of misc like this there.

Oh nice thanks for the heads up! Did it take yours forever to arrive as well? I have been reading a little of that online recently and will need the light setup within the next few weeks 

12 minutes ago, Lazyreefer said:

Oh sweet thank you! Have you received yours yet did it take a long time? 

Oh nice thanks for the heads up! Did it take yours forever to arrive as well? I have been reading a little of that online recently and will need the light setup within the next few weeks 

I've placed two orders.  First one was extensive.  10 bars, lots of plates/screws/miscmiscmisc.  Second one was just follow up of half dozen additional piece parts.   Shipped via the standard/cheapest shipping they offer.   Fair warning, Shipping charges are high.  So don't judge how much this is going to cost until you check your shopping cart all the way through shipping.    

• 9/22 - ordered, 10/1 - shipped, 10/6 - arrived
  • 12/5 - ordered, 12/11 - shipped, 12/17 - arrived

21 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

I've placed two orders.  First one was extensive.  10 bars, lots of plates/screws/miscmiscmisc.  Second one was just follow up of half dozen additional piece parts.   Shipped via the standard/cheapest shipping they offer.   Fair warning, Shipping charges are high.  So don't judge how much this is going to cost until you check your shopping cart all the way through shipping.    

Awesome I appreciate that will definitely look into that today then doesn’t seem like it takes terribly long like I’ve read 👍🏻

9 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

I'm assuming suspending from the ceiling is a no go?

Yea unfortunately because the ceiling is like 15 feet up and it’s vaulted  

Just ordered the parts from 8020 today I plan on screwing it into the wall with this part two screws go into the railing of the 1515 bar and two will go into the wall I think it should look really nice. I went with the smooth black railing and got the plugs to make it flat all the way around basically and be able to hide the cords in the rail like the video said which is especially nice for this hybrid I believe because cords come out of both sides 👍🏻

2A1125DA-FEF6-4C69-B8F6-B546478CD3F8.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 8:47 AM, obrien.david.j said:

Well [language filter] mine are going to take 30-35 days.... guess you got lucky

Just now, Lazyreefer said:

Well [language filter] mine are going to take 30-35 days.... guess you got lucky

What!?!   @SuncrestReef's delivery experience was very similar to mine.  

One Question, did you order black anodized?    Somewhere in their documentation it states this adds more time.  So both of us ordered basic Silver.

19 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

What!?!   @SuncrestReef's delivery experience was very similar to mine.  

One Question, did you order black anodized?    Somewhere in their documentation it states this adds more time.  So both of us ordered basic Silver.

Yea I did get black smooth railing, I didn’t see that anywhere when I was ordering about the extra time... I was expecting it to be here by now as I ordered on the 20th or to atleast have tracking and I called and was bummed but my tank is still cycling so it’s not the end of the world I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

Its not as satisfying having the order take longer, but I'll bet the Black is the right look for your application.   And there is a silver lining to still being cycling. :)

https://8020.net/shipping-information

Black Anodized

image.png

Verses Non-Black

image.png

Yea definitely agree it will be worth it my stand is all black so it will look great. I got the rail covers to that slip into the track so I can run all my cords inside the railing and the led hybrid fixture has cords out of both sides so I think that will be perfect for hiding those cords and it will just be 1 flat bar for the whole thing👍🏻