Reef Automation - $10 Per Controllable Outlet

TheClark

Noticed some attention to the wifi power strip on facebook. A user is getting beaten for calling out similarities to an AliExpress $12 strip made in china. Appears to be the same strip with with the Hydros name. Hopefully they will address concerns. 

• Like 1

Does it not connect to the main hub thing at all? If not, that seems cheesy. I bought a wifi 4 power strip for $22 off Amazon for my garage mixing station. All I wanted it to do was be able to turn things on/off remotely and run on a timer my main mixing pump 1x per day. It has been flawless since June. For basic timer functions, It’s great. I will agree that EB832 is insanely expensive for what it is.

LARKKEY Smart Power Strip WiFi Power Bar with 4 USB Charging Ports and Smart AC Plugs, Compatible with Alexa,Google Home , Surge Protector 2.4GHz, FCC Listed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P15SJ84/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_etmQFb317JRJF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

Yes, I've been following the HYROS progress since they first announced it last year.  It looks really promising and might give Neptune some stiff competition, which is usually a good thing in a niche industry.  I like their assortment of accessories:

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 8.43.17 PM.png

I haven't seen one in person yet, but would like to experiment with it at some point.

• Like 1

I've been eyeing getting one. Been comparing that to getting a reefpi setup. I used to enjoy tinkering around with circuit building and computers but not much anymore. The interface and ease/speed of setup with the hydros would be worth it to me.. even if it's likely a re-skinned raspberry pi.

30 minutes ago, dunpeal said:

I've been eyeing getting one. Been comparing that to getting a reefpi setup. I used to enjoy tinkering around with circuit building and computers but not much anymore. The interface and ease/speed of setup with the hydros would be worth it to me.. even if it's likely a re-skinned raspberry pi.

I think I would lean towards this over ReefPi myself too!  Time is precious...  So many half finished projects personally!