May Meeting at Lexinverts' House in Corvallis, Aquabiomics Talk, Frags--Don't Miss It! (May 19 1-4 PM)

Hi All,

We have a really fun meeting coming up. We'll be having the May meeting at my house in Corvallis. Send me a PM for my address and to RSVP.

The meeting will be from 1-4 and Eli of Aquabiomics will be presenting on the aquarium microbiome at 230. We'll have food, drinks, and raffles!

Follow this thread, as I will be posting more information about the raffles and the talk as we get closer to the meeting date. One of the raffles will be for corals from my tanks (see below).

In the meantime, don't forget about the NEXT club meeting that will be held at the Tyree Coral Farmers Market on 11-4 on Sunday April 28th at the Airport Holiday Inn Hotel. Hope to see you there!

PXL_20240415_171701481.jpgPXL_20240415_204732935.jpg

• Like 14

• Lexinverts changed the title to May Meeting at Lexinverts' House in Corvallis, Aquabiomics Talk, Frags--Don't Miss It! (May 19 1-4 PM)

Eli will be offering a 30% off code for Aquabiomics products for those PNWMAS members who make the drive to the May 19th meeting in Corvallis.

As a reminder, Eli will be presenting on the Aquabiomics products and services around 230 pm. Eli was just one of the presenters and Reefstock Denver and you won't want to miss his talk!

Check back to this thread for more details on the raffles, but there will be a raffle for coral frags from my display tank. See the below video for my display as featured on the Reefbum livestream this month.

• Like 2

I’m sorry I’m going to miss this but I can’t say enough about the research Eli does and the quality of his products.  
I’m in the medical field so I am well aware of the importance of beneficial bacteria and having an abundance of them is the key to mental and physical health. 

It is also the key to a healthy tank. I highly recommend his reef rubble and sand to seed a new tank.  Sure you could get sand and live rock from a friend but then you risk introducing harmful pests. Eli screens his products so they are pest free.  

I used to use Dr. Tim’s but it did have the same effect of building up the good bacteria.  

Cyano , dinoflagellates and pest algae’s are  often a sign that you do not have enough good healthy bacteria in your system.  Using Chemi clean is like using an antibiotic . Sure you will kill off the harmful bacteria but you also kill off the good bacteria. I had an issue with cyano with my new tank and added the rock rubble and within a week the problem was gone. 

Eli is a humble guy with a big brain. His talk is excellent and highly informative.  My only complaint is that Rock Rubble sells out quickly . It’s actually out of stock now. IMG_4361.jpegIMG_4362.jpeg