I'm trying to rebuild

islandVib3s

I suffered a large loss while on vacation. I lost all my sticks and euphyllia.  Due to high nitrates and phosphates from auto feeder and pellets. Anyway I'm looking for frogspawn,hammers,torches,Kenya trees,hardy sticks. I do have corals for trade/sale aswell. I'm in Vancouver wa. Pm some pictures and prices . Thanks! 🤙  

• Sad 3

I appreciate everyone. I'm going to give it some time to settle before I introduce more, I'm also currently dosing bacteria to get it ready. Micro7,Dr tims,fritz to be sure. Yea I think I messed up on the 2x daily feeding and should have kept it at 1x. 🤦‍♂️ this one definitely hurt and put me on the fence. 

On 3/31/2023 at 3:29 PM, islandVib3s said:

I appreciate everyone. I'm going to give it some time to settle before I introduce more, I'm also currently dosing bacteria to get it ready. Micro7,Dr tims,fritz to be sure. Yea I think I messed up on the 2x daily feeding and should have kept it at 1x. 🤦‍♂️ this one definitely hurt and put me on the fence. 

My auto feeder is The Plank.  You have to use an external timer to decide when you want to feed.   In my case, an Apex outlet.  I was feeding for 1-2 minutes, every hour, 24hrs a day.  That was TOO MUCH.   I'm currently feeding 2 minutes, at 1pm.   Single mid-day snack.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

My auto feeder is The Plank.  You have to use an external timer to decide when you want to feed.   In my case, an Apex outlet.  I was feeding for 1-2 minutes, every hour, 24hrs a day.  That was TOO MUCH.   I'm currently feeding 2 minutes, at 1pm.   Single mid-day snack.  

Yea I'm going to set it to 1x a day. I also removed some fish so I don't need to feed as much.

1 minute ago, Blue Z Reef said:

How high did your nitrate/phosphate get out of curiosity?

Honestly I didn't test, I saw all the build up of algae and the auto feeder emptied.fish were fat and I had 10 fish in there while I was gone. It's mostly cleared up with a few waterchanges before I started dosing bacterias.  I also added a fresh bag of sand so I had some diatoms aswell. All the rock were tank transfers so I'd probably date it to 3yrs running in tanks. The bioload I had in it was just too heavy and my refugium wasn't ready to take it all up just yet. Also no skimmer in this setup, just double refugium w cheato and caulerpa. Also no uv installed just yet. I'll install it when I'm done dosing bacterias.