Ice Storm

SuncrestReef

6 hours ago, reefrun said:

I was out of town taking care of my dying grandma, and then arranging her funeral, so we weren’t able to prepare for the storm. Been without power since we got home Sunday and struggling to keep my tanks at 60 degrees... if anyone has a generator they don’t need let me know. At this point I’m expecting the worst 😔

Hey Jamie - so sorry to hear.  I do have a generator I'm not using but may take some work to get it running.  You are welcome to it if you can pick it up (I'm at work).

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Remember when it looked like the Raiders and the Boys were primed for a big year at the same time?  Yeah, that didn't happen...

I never believe the hype I have been a fan too long lol. Jerry has too much control. I just savor the wins like a rare delicacy ..:drinking:

• Haha 1

Man that sucks....for 30 min. So his hourly is 600 bucks to inspect a wire? I hate that some people in certain trades take advantage of others. I believe they think your making money on the house deal and they want some of it! They know it's a necessity in order to close the deal n they take advantage. This is why, when you find honest contractors you keep their number for further use and pass their info on to others as a honest guy!

1 minute ago, Reeftank225 said:

Man that sucks....for 30 min. So his hourly is 600 bucks to inspect a wire? I hate that some people in certain trades take advantage of others. I believe they think your making money on the house deal and they want some of it! They know it's a necessity in order to close the deal n they take advantage. This is why, when you find honest contractors you keep their number for further use and pass their info on to others as a honest guy!

There was a minimum just to come out. He ended up sitting in his van outside my house for another half hour. The one that really tried to screw be over was Sky Heating and AC. I just needed the guy to document that the AC looked functional since it couldn’t be run in the winter and he made this list of things it needed for like 5k.  I was like look dude I just need you to document that there are no major flaws. Needless to say I got a second opinion. I did get my money back when I called to complain. 

300 min. Is b.s......it's sad they know they can get away with it so they do. I guess this is why networking comes into play so you know when your getting a deal. I love buying from my lfs but sometimes over price is just over priced. Glad I found this forum. I understand money has to be made but each person has their own limits. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm no expert and not everything I purchase survives so hopefully here I can learn why. Like iodine dipping, quarantining, different dips n proper usage. Etc. I've been doing reef tanks for 30 years n back in the day, they would sell you just enough to get by so you keep coming back for more instead of sending you on the proper path and info. Glad things have evolved and they get straight to the point and there's the internet now with more info to learn on your own. This forum helps alot!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, albertareef said:

Hey Jamie - so sorry to hear.  I do have a generator I'm not using but may take some work to get it running.  You are welcome to it if you can pick it up (I'm at work).

@albertareef to the rescue!!!!!!!!! Generator has the 2 tanks with heater, return pump, and a minimum lighting. The next few says will how how much damage was done 🤞

• Like 4

I honestly feel horrible for all the reefers in the Pacific NW area as well as Texas and other states that are dealing with prolonged power outages.  So many people are dealing with the stress and disappointment of losing fish and corals due to power failures.  It's one of those rare situations that many people don't plan for, but has such devastating consequences.  Hopefully these reefs will survive, but if not, hopefully people will put plans in place for the next big storms.  Wishing the best of luck to all of you.

• Like 1

We made it out unscathed up here in Tacoma, wa. No need to break out my large trusty marine deep cycle battery and power inverter this time. 

But yesterday at work I did drive my box truck up to shoreline. The drive went totally fine, but as I was pulling up to the customers house I started sliding sideways and hit their van 😔. What a way to start a job!

• Sad 3

Our power is still out. Right by Riverdale High. Just refueled the generator. 

I am learning about generators. The one we borrowed is not an inverter model, so even though this one has an auto throttle, its either idle or full bore. I think I'll get an inverter model after this is all said and done, that way at night I can run minimal power and not 🤬 off the neighbors and get longer run time. Then during the day crank the load back up.

Edited by Cobalt
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 7:59 AM, Emerald525 said:

Yay we are talking football.  Don’t get me wrong he’s a good quarterback but not as good as he thinks he is.  He had many opportunities to win against the Bucs but he wants to blame the loss on not going for it on fourth down. Drew Brees gets the same treatment. It’s like it’s never their fault when they lose. 

I think Rodgers is the most talented QB I’ve ever watched. Maybe not the best but he’s the total package.