Tank crash........

matt

I have now joined the tank crash club... first it was cyano then aefw now dino's. With all the stress of all three things and some neglect on my part is the cause. So far I have lost about 80% of my corals and one fish. I am going to tear everything down bleach it and set it all back up. It feels like a kick in the gut.. but I am not going to let it get me down!! I am going to come back stronger and more educated from this. I just wish I hade the cash for a new tank. This is best time to swap out! Lol on the bright side it took me 4 years to have a crash....

sent from a Samsung note 4

I would like to have 6'×3'×2' but that's my dream tank!! Lol. That's not going to happen any time soon

I think he has a 6'x2'x2'. . . not as wide, but. . . I think he is looking for about $200. . . could probably come down some too if I talk to him about it being in his best interest. . . LoL

I have decided to clean and sanitize my sump and frag tank. That's about 130 gallons. I am going to put all my rock in a tote with a pump and a heater put a lid on it and let it sit for about 4 weeks. That way I try to kill off as much bad stuff as I can. This rock has been wet for over a year and I don't want to kill it and start over.

Well after two days the tank is clean and refilling! I was able to cut the 1 huge rock down so it would fit better. I also re plumbed the closed loop back in. My pump leaks like crazy... time for a new pump I guess. 5112b6d05ba8b560d90eb4f521294b06.jpgbbbbe918f73725c20b779e36fba0708b.jpg2ae2b17dd585ffa677802ab84bb415a4.jpg39aaa1b189bb0e0efa3d2dbcfed762b6.jpg7ab8106b910b29d6c07485715e6ffaf3.jpg

Edited by matt
  • Like 2

I think he has a 6'x2'x2'. . . not as wide, but. . . I think he is looking for about $200. . . could probably come down some too if I talk to him about it being in his best interest. . . LoL

If matt's not gonna take it, I'd be interested in that tank! I've been tryinng to get a sizable tank for a while, but lady luck hasn't been on my side.

• 3 weeks later...

Well everything came back worse then it was right before the crash..... so I am going to trade all the fish and what's left of the corals in to LFS and drain the tank again. All my rock is going to get dryed out and sterilized. I am going to start over with new dry sand. This will alow me to do some work on the tank that I have been wanting to do.