Danik's fish room/300gal in wall build

Danik

Wow - very cool. Thanks for taking the time to post pics. You seems to be moving along at a great pace. Clearly, you have some carpentry/plumbing skills.

So, you put the stand directly on the tiles/ Do you worry that the weight of the stand might break/crush the tiles? Would it matter? Just a thought.

This room use to be part of the garage and the base floor is pored concrete, than the floor was raised by 2x6 studs and resuported by 4x4 posts, so it's pretty solid. I cut and put rubber strips right under the stand where is contacts the tile. The tank is full of water now and everything seems to be ok. I started to plum the system finally. Iam actually behind the schedule, but I had to move at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are some needed updates, I made and installed the light rack.

PC300002.jpg

the light rack can be adjusted up and down as needed.

PC300018.jpg

led moon lights

PC300005.jpg

VHO only

PC300016.jpg

PC300009.jpg

did my first water run and leak test today, ready to put some salt in tomorrow.

Awesome set up and lightng and plumbing. Where did you get your accessories? Online? Did you do the plumbing?

I order almost everything off Internet, and I got alot of ideas from Reef Central. The whole build is done by me. I wish I had more time, tommorro Iam moving my 125g from Ridgefield to my 300g set up at my new house in Vancouver. Wish me luck.

danik' date=' if you need an extra set of hands, let me know, ill have the gf drop me off on her way to work or something[/quote']

Jgf86123 thank you for your offer that's very cool of you.

I got my friend helping me tommoro already.

wow thats awesome dan! can't imagine how much work is was to move everything into it but it looks sweet! have you set up the ATO?

I modified the ATO i got from you to fit my sump, but have not hooked it up yet, will tomorrow. but thanks for the ATO Jason.

• 2 weeks later...