Danik's fish room/300gal in wall build

Danik

so i finally closed on the house and started my 300gal in wall build.

the tank is 96" long 30" deep and 24" tall made by midwest custom

aquariums it's 3/4" acrylic.

PB230081.jpg

PB230083.jpg

this was part of the 4th car garage and got converted into a room.

PB230086.jpg

PB250081.jpg

wall came down and all the brick came off.

PB250082.jpg

i had to put a access door to the room and had to re-run my sewer pipe from upstairs bathroom.

PB250088.jpg

PB280096.jpg

PB290107.jpg

first part of the framing was done and tile got put in. i put in a emergency drain that leads to the garage. also ran water and connected to the sewer for the utility sink. before tile got put in, the floor was reinforced with 4x4 beams.

PC020112.jpg

PC070121.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a electrician run 3 more 20amp circuits into the fish room, that gave me total of 4 20amp circuits.

sheet rock got put up.

PC070124.jpg

look from the inside of the room. i had 4x6 construction and had to convert part of it to 2x4 so the tank didn't sit too deep in the wall.

PC070126.jpg

PC070128.jpg

all ready for some texture spray and primer.

PC110130.jpg

Very nice!

Are you doing the construction part yourself or contracted out?

The wall I woud need to use at my place means I need to demo the fireplace in the L/R-(laugh) Wife is not going for it-YET

Keep posting its coming alone nicely-I looks like you added the recessed ceiling light s as well-add some blue bulbs and wella giant moon lights-J/K

Very nice!

Are you doing the construction part yourself or contracted out?

The wall I woud need to use at my place means I need to demo the fireplace in the L/R-(laugh) Wife is not going for it-YET

Keep posting its coming alone nicely-I looks like you added the recessed ceiling light s as well-add some blue bulbs and wella giant moon lights-J/K

most of it done by my self, except texture spray and electrical work.

Looks great - how are the walls in the fish going to be finished? Paint? Plastic wall? Do you have a vent in there for the heat? That drain in the floor is nice but but another one near the sump for WC's would be convent.

More pix's :D

the room is will be primered and painted with mold/water resistant paint.

i will have a vortech type fan sucking the humidity out side. this room is just adjacent to laundry room and will have a wall vent for heat. I will be installing a

utility sink just for the water changes and washing equipment.

Very nice bro! No access from the front huh? You are a brave man!

Mike I would never do a inwall without a access from the front. I'll have about 12" for access and it will have a cabinet style access.

I can't amazine cleaning that sucker without front access :)

Mike I would never do a inwall without a access from the front. I'll have about 12" for access and it will have a cabinet style access.

I can't amazine cleaning that sucker without front access :)

Good idea, I was talking to my wife about those in walls that have no access-good luck when the magfloat seperates while cleaning the glass-(laugh)

Steve had the cleanest tank known to man, and he had no front access, it can be done!

Looking sweet. How are you going to suspend your lights? That will play a huge part of how easy or hard that sucker will be to clean.

Steve had the cleanest tank known to man, and he had no front access, it can be done!

Looking sweet. How are you going to suspend your lights? That will play a huge part of how easy or hard that sucker will be to clean.

i will have the light rack suspended for easy tank access.

Wow - very cool. Thanks for taking the time to post pics. You seems to be moving along at a great pace. Clearly, you have some carpentry/plumbing skills.

So, you put the stand directly on the tiles/ Do you worry that the weight of the stand might break/crush the tiles? Would it matter? Just a thought.