What do you do?

stylaster

27 minutes ago, Manny Tavan said:

Interesting. I did some research while in college on sulfolobus (volcanic hot spring virus). It was a long time ago...

A very cool bug-- loves it hot and acidic!

5 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Very cool!  The adaptations involved in survival in such extreme micro environments are pretty fascinating. 

Yes, fascinating to see life thrive at more than 100 degrees Celsius or in conditions with almost no energy available. There are very few sterile places on the face of the planet.

• Like 1

I work as a  biopharmaceutical manufacturing technician, we make the drugs and fill them into vials (liquids not pills) used to treat many different things. At the site i work we focus on a drug for breast cancer, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and other types of cancer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, Manny Tavan said:

I’m a pulm & critical care doc...basically the last doc you ever want to see

holy crap is this Dr Tavan! Im an Rt at LMP. I work with you all the time but noc shift. Cant wait to see you again to talk reefing

4 hours ago, MVPaquatics said:

I am an OSU graduate with a degree in zoology. I worked with animals and owned  my own aquarium maintenance business for years. 

I have since sold my business, and now work as a firefighter/paramedic.

Quite an interesting arc!  If I’m not mistaken, you also successfully kept poison dart frogs until recently. I thought of this due to another forum member posting about his new additions earlier today.

19 hours ago, albertareef said:

Quite an interesting arc!  If I’m not mistaken, you also successfully kept poison dart frogs until recently. I thought of this due to another forum member posting about his new additions earlier today.

I did! I bred banggai cardinals for awhile. I also bred dart frogs, I had a few different kinds. I currently have no frogs or fish. Dog and wifeys 2 cats. I miss it but it's nice at the same time. I still like to lurk the forum, keeps me up to date haha 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Its cool to get to know what people do!! I received a wildlife science degree from OSU and then 3 years in the peace corps primarily working with the EU on getting new national parks off the ground and lots of environmental education and alternative livelihood projects. Upon returning to the US I spent a little over a decade as a wetland biologist/restoration ecologist and had projects all over the west coast.

I got tired of consulting and about 5 years ago decided to grow marijuana full time. So now i own and manage a 7,000 sq ft production facility in NE portland. So now I am part engineer, part electrician, part permit cordinator, part botanist and full time baby sitter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 8

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Its cool to get to know what people do!! I received a wildlife science degree from OSU and then 3 years in the peace corps primarily working with the EU on getting new national parks off the ground and lots of environmental education and alternative livelihood projects. Upon returning to the US I spent a little over a decade as a wetland biologist/restoration ecologist and had projects all over the west coast.

I got tired of consulting and about 5 years ago decided to grow marijuana full time. So now i own and manage a 7,000 sq ft production facility in NE portland. So now I am part engineer, part electrician, part permit cordinator, part botanist, part reef aquarium nerd/savior, part Winterhawks fanboi and full time baby sitter.

Edited.

Welp.. I am a railroader. I worked for BNSF for a number of years maintaining railroad in montana, idaho, Washington, oregon and California. Now i work for a shortline railroad close to home in Washington.

Was a police officer for a couple years until i decided it was not for me.

I was also in a semi successful rock band for over a decade, playing tours accross the country.

But now im a family man/home body. Lol getting older changes things

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Hi, I'm Jeff, I've been around PNWMAS for years now mostly as a lurker. I'm ex-military and have been doing programming, mainly web development for the last 16+ years. I work mainly on very large scale, high-profile web properties and government sites. I'm terrible at aquascape despite also have a degree in art and design, so if anyone is open to giving tips on how to better arrange the random rocks in my tank, shoot me a message. 

• Like 4

I got tired of consulting and about 5 years ago decided to grow marijuana full time. So now i own and manage a 7,000 sq ft production facility in NE portland. So now I am part engineer, part electrician, part permit cordinator, part botanist and full time baby sitter.

What farm are you with? I have a lot of friends in the business, and myself too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

devils lettuce. we have a pretty good rep around town but i am not one of those "we are the best growers ever" kind of guys.

We did just get some cactus back from the lab though.. 29.9% thc and 3% terps. Doesnt get much better than that.

Were you in charge of naming it?

devils lettuce. we have a pretty good rep around town but i am not one of those "we are the best growers ever" kind of guys.

We did just get some cactus back from the lab though.. 29.9% thc and 3% terps. Doesnt get much better than that.

Solid run for sure

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 2/16/2018 at 9:09 AM, Jfish said:

Hi, I'm Jeff, I've been around PNWMAS for years now mostly as a lurker. I'm ex-military and have been doing programming, mainly web development for the last 16+ years. I work mainly on very large scale, high-profile web properties and government sites. I'm terrible at aquascape despite also have a degree in art and design, so if anyone is open to giving tips on how to better arrange the random rocks in my tank, shoot me a message. 

Ahah, a fellow software guy.  Good to know!