Titus’reef Red Sea Reefer XL 425 build

titus'reef

42 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Way to make the most of that small equipment cabinet!  Nice job.  And the tank's looking great!

Thank you !
Don’t ask me to move something around or remove a power supply because…. But thanks!  
All those cords and equipment to make life easier while trying to keep some ocean happy in the glass box! 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

I can relate!  As a fellow Reefer XL 425 owner, I know the limitations of that small cabinet space.  But seriously, you've done a great job cramming it full yet keeping it organized.

Thank you! 
I do wish the space was bigger but … it is what it is. It took me a while to get to that point, and it is still work in progress. 

Edited by titus'reef
Spelling
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, reef-fisher said:

That’s a slick set up! 
I am curious how you mounted the led strips? I’m looking to do something similar and I like how yours looks. 
Congrats on the success and keep the the awesome work! 

Thank you for the compliment! 

I use some led strips I found on Amazon for $13. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DVD83FC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_WAGWXGVSS26HWGJSFEEW?psc=1.
I didn’t think it will be permanent but it turns out the blue strips puts out more than 100 par at the rock level and 60 par on the sand. This way I can run the hydras with more white and the blue strip compensates. Corals apparently don’t mind it.  
I used some aluminum from ace hardware. As you can see the strips fit perfectly in it. The adhesive from the led strip is pretty strong and it’s hold well so far. 
C80C6BCD-3BEA-4CDD-BB0A-F08A285989C4.jpeg7CAF5F46-FF2D-47EE-A8FF-A5CEA11C2607.jpegC52AF448-BCB1-4A7E-82F0-E21BB02651C1.jpeg4B2F752F-6BEF-47FB-9E95-7C120DB29A9F.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, TheClark said:

Amazing!

I see you are dosing nitrate, nice!  Phosphate too?  

How much do you change per day/week with the AWC.

Thank you!

I used to dose both but no need for that since I added the last 7 fish. I guess I haven't removed them yet.

I change 1.5 gallons a day but I should note that I also change water every now and then when I clean out the sump, just a compartment at the time between 5-10 gallons. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, titus'reef said:

Thank you!

I used to dose both but no need for that since I added the last 7 fish. I guess I haven't removed them yet.

I change 1.5 gallons a day but I should note that I also change water every now and then when I clean out the sump, just a compartment at the time between 5-10 gallons. 

Good to know!  A fish is more fun than a jug of nitrates :)

What levels are you targeting for alk/calc/mag/nitrate/phospate if I may ask?

1 minute ago, TheClark said:

Good to know!  A fish is more fun than a jug of nitrates :)

What levels are you targeting for alk/calc/mag/nitrate/phospate if I may ask?

I’m staying at around 8 alk, 450cal, 1380

mg, no3 10ish and po4 0.05-0.1 

I am trying heavy in and heavy out.  

• Like 1

Just now, titus'reef said:

I’m staying at around 8 alk, 450cal, 1380

mg, no3 10ish and po4 0.05-0.1 

I am trying heavy in and heavy out.  

Seems like it is working very well!  Really love the tank and coral, looking awesome!

Thanks for sharing the numbers too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...