Mindstream closed down

Emerald525

7 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

That's too bad.  I wonder if the product will still work with the business closed?

Doubt it, the whole thing was a joke with monthly discs to keep things calibrated. Plus all data is stored on their cloud, so once they turn that off, poof gone! It’s really too bad they didn’t store data locally or have a more viable reagent option.

glad I bought a Trident 🔱 😎

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 2:20 PM, SuncrestReef said:

I believe @Lexinverts has one.

Yes, I have one. It is still running away. It will eventually stop being accurate when the disk wears out, but it is working for now.

Long story, but they had problems with QC control in the disk production and in scaling up to the 1,000+ orders they got at launch. They were forced to shut their store and set up a robot disk production system to fix their problem with disk production, while they caught up with orders. During the stress that came with the pause in sales, their investors got into some kind of a dispute and shuttered the company. They gave everyone 1 hr to get out of the building and then it was over. All of the former employees had to sign NDAs, so they cannot say anything about what happened.

Rumor has it that there are potential buyers that could get things going again. I have my fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Lexinverts said:

Yes, I have one. It is still running away. It will eventually stop being accurate when the disk wears out, but it is working for now.

Long story, but they had problems with QC control in the disk production and in scaling up to the 1,000+ orders they got at launch. They were forced to shut their store and set up a robot disk production system to fix their problem with disk production, while they caught up with orders. During the stress of that cam with the pause in sales, their investors got into some kind of a dispute and shuttered the company. They gave everyone 1 hr to get out of the building and then it was over. All of the former employees had to sign NDAs, so they cannot say anything about what happened.

Rumor has it that there are potential buyers that could get things going again. I have my fingers crossed.

That sounds crazy.  Hope it works out and the company/product gets resurrected... always nice to have options for this kind of gear.