I vote we change Holly's name to Sea Goddess after seeing her Reef Tanks

N70SJ

I'm sticking with Holly hoarder...[emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel your PAIN Bicyclebill. I kept going higher and higher $ on a few of her NFS corals and she just glared at me. Those corals are like her children....

• Like 2

Time to swallow our pride. We have been schooled by a Woman. A Coral hoarding Woman but a Woman non the less. a06898935cfab0ee074fe32698e95b8a.jpg

The King gave her a gift. A male by-the-way lol.

Lets Vote on it.

I vote YES.

Time to swallow our pride. We have been schooled by a Woman. A Coral hoarding Woman but a Woman non the less. a06898935cfab0ee074fe32698e95b8a.jpg

The King gave her a gift. A male by-the-way lol.

Lets Vote on it.

I vote YES.

I need this somewhere in the house!! Oh yeah Holly's set up is cool ;)
  • Like 2

Time to swallow our pride. We have been schooled by a Woman. A Coral hoarding Woman but a Woman non the less. 

It may surprise you that in addition to schooling, women can also paint. ;) The art in your original post is by Josephine Wall. She's a favorite of mine. 

Edited by Flashy Fins
  • Like 1

Anyone have any pics of her tanks? I WANNA SEE TOO [emoji30]

Holly (Gil&Fin) has several build threads with some great pics - you can find them if you check out her content. Bert also took a couple of pics that are in the post January meeting thread.  Definitely worth going through the build threads - her system is quite impressive and really nicely done. Beautiful display tank plus a couple of linked frag tanks and a really nice fish only (sort of).

• Like 2

Why stop at goddess of the sea? She hunts deer and elk and she probably pilots planes. So if we are to change her name it should be Holly the Goddess of Everything in this and all galaxy's . Do you think that's to wordy? We could cut it down to HTGOEITAAG.

But seriously she is good at running her tanks and she sticks to her guns with dipping and quaritineing her fish. When I got back into the hobby two years ish ago she saved me a bunch of Embarrassment. I shared a bunch of my corals with her. She went home and dipped the corals. She found a bunch of AEFW. So she had to make the call and tell me the bad news. She made the call and I was very embarrassed but she made me feel better about it. Luckily I hadn't sold or given any other corals out. But if she hadn't dipped it would of ruined her tank and within that time frame I would of sold or given awY other corals so she saved me.

As good as she is tank wise she's that much better as a person. It's such a great feeling to have so many great people on this forum. I have never had a bad interaction from anyone on this board.

So I am not sure if I welcomed you to the club. I will do it now, welcome. I have enjoyed your posts and you are a perfect fit for our bunch of misfits that are the nicest people around.

• Like 7

Oh my gosh, Troy. You are too kind. I have to agree with your assessment of club members, though. We have so many people on here that are generous with their time, knowledge, livestock, and equipment.

Did you all catch that oh-so-brief mention that Troy was "sharing" some corals with me? He actually was "giving" some corals to me, with no expectation of payment. You know all the chaeto I'm getting credit for sharing? That started with a clump Garrett (from The Premium Aquarium in Salem) gifted me about a year ago.

The list goes on. I can't begin to give credit to all the people who had a hand in putting together this incredible system I'm so lucky to have. Jeff (Cuttle Fish) should have a plaque on the tank in his honor for all his amazing contibutions. And there's Thomas and Bill and Jorge and Tom and Bret and Calvin and Steve and Brad and Daniel and Bert and Andrew and Kim and Mark and Cherany and Christi and Susie and Colby and James and Matt and Rudy and Scott and so many more who can all look at my tanks and find something of theirs. I really appreciate all the credit I'm getting in this thread but the fact is it takes a village.

I'm going to go before I start tearing up. Hugs!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 5