With a heavy heart

PowderBlue

Some of you will remember James or as he went by Toby Flenderson on the forums. Some of you may not remember him if you're newer around here. I wanted to let you guys know that on the night of the 20th he passed away. He was a very nice guy, he actually is the one who kept me in the hobby by telling me to quit trying to quit lol. He had some incredible tanks himself!

He is remembered through his daughter Alice who is 10 years old. If you have any photos with him, or memories please message them to me as I am putting together something for his family.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I don't have a lot of details as of yet I'm sorry.

Please let me know if you do find out and if the family is doing any sort of fundraiser. I would love to get an auction going for him. He was a really nice guy and he was so close to his little girl line you are Randall. THat is heart breaking that she's going to grow up without her father.????

Please let me know if you do find out and if the family is doing any sort of fundraiser. I would love to get an auction going for him. He was a really nice guy and he was so close to his little girl line you are Randall. THat is heart breaking that she's going to grow up without her father.????

I'm actually buying his daughter a few gifts and sending them after christmas, I've been in contact with her mom. If they setup a fund raiser I will let you know! I'm sure anything helps, Mom's main concern right now is any type of memory, or joke, or cheer up gift for Alice, his daughter.

I'm actually buying his daughter a few gifts and sending them after christmas, I've been in contact with her mom. If they setup a fund raiser I will let you know! I'm sure anything helps, Mom's main concern right now is any type of memory, or joke, or cheer up gift for Alice, his daughter.

The only other memory I have was that he regretted his forum name because nobody realized his name wasn't really Toby and kept calling him Toby instead of James.

Toby Flenderson is a character from the show the office.

• Like 2

This is extremely sad. James was amazing father, hobbyist, friend, and a extremely generous person. He was just in the shop a few months ago. He will be missed a great deal.

Wow. I'm shocked. When he had a tank him and his daughter were in the shop almost every week. Please keep us informed on the details.

He was a permanent fixture at every Molokos happy hour and a lot of corals in this area right now were brought in by Him.

• Like 2

I've been in contact with James family, I've been cleared to let every one know he was battling with sadness and unfortunately he lost that battle.

I will be setting up an auction to help raise funds for his family and his beautiful daughter. James was one of the nicest people I've ever met, he would do anything to help anyone out, so I am going to do my best to help his family in this time of need. I will make a new post after christmas for the auction. Sorry for the sad news this time of year. Kiss you family and tell them you love them!

• Like 1

Thanks Randall for letting everyone know. I saw the news on fb from a post from his sister that John (Islandoftiki) commented on. I met James and Jeff (cuttlefish) both at our first happy hour that John put together. He and I traded corals several times while our daughters hung out and watched. He worked on my BMW a couple times too. I'm so sad on so many levels over this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2