Snowpocalypse

Bevo5

Yeah - I am more concerned about the other folk on the road most of the time. You do know that 4 wheel drive doesn't make you invincible or able to defy the laws of physics right?

Lies! My lifted pavement princess can tackle any hazardous, off-roading, hardcore weather you can throw at it! But I just washed it so that's why I'm keeping it at 12mph drifting sideways down I-5... I just don't want to kick up any mud onto the flaps.... Yeah...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Lies! My lifted pavement princess can tackle any hazardous, off-roading, hardcore weather you can throw at it! But I just washed it so that's why I'm keeping it at 12mph drifting sideways down I-5... I just don't want to kick up any mud onto the flaps.... Yeah...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is awesome...

• Like 1

Yeah - I am more concerned about the other folk on the road most of the time. You do know that 4 wheel drive doesn't make you invincible or able to defy the laws of physics right?

Oh I have one and well I do drive like an [language filter] snow or dry :laugh:  but when it comes to snow I just cant stand the people who block the road as they should not have been out........

I travel 205 and many years it has been a mess as people are sliding all over the bridge........stay home or stay at work........I don't want to deal with you :laugh:

• Like 1

I was surprised they closed it so early before any weather shows up.  We have had a few false alerts over the years.

Kids were totally ecstatic of course....

They were screwed either way......keep the kids in and something happens well people scream......make them stay home and nothing happens well still screams :laugh:

I left work around 11 just in case I didn't want to deal with the people......and now a whole 1 inch in the couve :laugh:

• Like 1

Everyone with there paid days off...I get none paid.

I did take the day off to stay home with the daughter though.

As school closed and after school care closed too.

No paid time off here so I went in but they closed the job site at 12:30. After seeing how backed up 26 was already I sure am glad I don't live on the east side of town!

• Like 1

No paid time off here so I went in but they closed the job site at 12:30. After seeing how backed up 26 was already I sure am glad I don't live on the east side of town!

Nice, For those who showed up today they closed our site down at 12 30 too.

Working in this is totally different then paper work inside a nice cozy office. Wish I had a nice cozy office when weather was crap. But nope have to put on my purse and swing a dang hammer.

• Like 3

Everyone with there paid days off...I get none paid.

I did take the day off to stay home with the daughter though.

As school closed and after school care closed too.

Wait union and no paid days off.................I call bullshit on that one. My wife is union and she gets a day off for a hangnail...............

• Like 2

Nice, For those who showed up today they closed our site down at 12 30 too.

Working in this is totally different then paper work inside a nice cozy office. Wish I had a nice cozy office when weather was crap. But nope have to put on my purse and swing a dang hammer.

Yep cold and fingers were numb for a while........in a shop but no heat door open and the east winds are great this time of year........

Wait union and no paid days off.................I call bullshit on that one. My wife is union and she gets a day off for a hangnail...............

Yes Union... no paid days off and I'm not shitting you Scott!

No sick days! No paid Leave!

I would not lie about this.

We just have a Wage of blank amount.

We have Vacation pay but we have to work to get it. So every Year it's Blank amount and that is it.

When these snow events happen I start thinking what I can add to the tank with the overtime that gets dished out. Can't complain getting paid to sleep all day then come in all night on overtime to make sure no trains get stopped and track switches stay cleaned out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Traveled from home (Scappoose) to work in NE Portland. I left work at 2:00 just in time to drive the rear wheeled beast home. The tires broke loose throughout the commute home, but nothing sketchy. I'm salary so no sick time pay, but I don't lose any money. Although this year I've only taken three work days off....yes 3. So I'm glad to steal a few hours at home, although all I did was get home and work from here. Ugh....overworked, underpaid, the usual.

• Like 2

I'm union no paid days off for us either at local 48 I haven't really heard of any unions with paid days off. Maybe teachers? I wish we had them but no way we could ever negotiate that

I'm union no paid days off for us either at local 48 I haven't really heard of any unions with paid days off. Maybe teachers? I wish we had them but no way we could ever negotiate that

Local 48? What trade?

In the union no paid days. But the company can choose to pay you sick days or time off....not all company's!