August Meeting!! Summer Barbecue Potluck!! Raffle and Frag swap!!!!

Emerald525

Reef Expo was a blast but the summer is not over!!

Everyone is welcome !! Friends, family , supporting members , regular members and children!!!

Sirena is an excellent cook!!

We will have raffles including a special raffle for supporting members only so a great time to buy a membership!!

We will have a frag swap!!

We will have beer!!

When: Sunday Augusr 21 from 2 to 4 pm!!!

Where: Emerald's place (pm me for address but I will also post it on the Facebook page and evites)

What: Meet and Greet!! Frag swap!! Raffle extravaganza!!

Bring a side dish !! Come see Sirena's new Seahorse tank and Fred and Ginger her seahorses!!

Come see my Red Sea Reefer 250 in person since I'm too lame to put up a build thread!!!

Help us break in our new Traegar!

798B344B-88C3-40E2-B18D-634EC9248832_zps

Help us break in our new deck that Wegotjs built for us!!

AB0A27F9-963B-4ECE-A7CB-0B54268D9A83_zps

Come enjoy food from an excellent cook!!

203728B6-EAF4-45AC-92E9-838A81707AE7_zps

Bring your frags to trade!!!

Bring your luck !!

More to come on the raffle items !!!

• Like 6

Well I will pencil it in to my busy schedule :laugh:  I already know the place so should not be hard to find.........hopefully I can make it......oh also maybe people that are coming can say what side dish they are bringing? we don't need 5 potato salads do we :unsure:

Since Sirena did not want to make the casserole maybe I can whip something up :D  :D  :D  :D

• Like 1

Well I will pencil it in to my busy schedule :laugh:  I already know the place so should not be hard to find.........hopefully I can make it......oh also maybe people that are coming can say what side dish they are bringing? we don't need 5 potato salads do we :unsure:

Since Sirena did not want to make the casserole maybe I can whip something up :D  :D  :D  :D

Ha ha! Scott wanted Sirena to make hot dog casserole! Maybe hes' not such a nice guy after all! ;)

Sirena can't help herself she will likely likely make a few healthy sides too! There will be plenty of food!

Hey potato salad is really good.????

Agreed what's wrong with 5 potato salads? :)

I call Caesar Salad. :laugh:

And yes healthy food is always good too! :)

• Like 1

What will Sirena be tossing on the new shinny traeger for its maiden voyage?

Also pro DIY tip for your pellet burner. Head to Home Depot and grab 6 red bricks. Add them below the drop tray. This will give the smoker more mass which will help stabilize the temperature. Rock has less drastic swings than all that air. Also head to cash and carry and get the widest tin foil. I think it's 18in. Then cover your drip tray with it. This will help with cleanup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What will Sirena be tossing on the new shinny traeger for its maiden voyage?

Also pro DIY tip for your pellet burner. Head to Home Depot and grab 6 red bricks. Add them below the drop tray. This will give the smoker more mass which will help stabilize the temperature. Rock has less drastic swings than all that air. Also head to cash and carry and get the widest tin foil. I think it's 18in. Then cover your drip tray with it. This will help with cleanup.

Thanks for the tips Graham!! We are both new to this. We were told about getting a lot of foil. We were not told about using bricks. We also heard that cash and carry has better pellets. We almost need a separate area about smokers!

Sirena will be smoking a large batch of pork ribs!

• Like 1

The brick idea is great I use a terracotta base wrapped in tinfoil in my weber bullet instead of water as a heat sink to help with swings.

Also not sure what type of ribs you like but look up Harry Soo I love his stuff.

If she has any questions along the way I have my fair share of experience with cooking those d9177d2c5c8bb3e265b0d6f857d1b5d9.jpg

24baca260497734c3bebd07f0065a39e.jpg

Hey Graham. That rack you have your rack on looks mighty awesome. Where can I find me one of those?? I get get more ribs on the shinny new traeger that way :) [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

And seriously thanks for the tips! I'm doin a little practicing with it so I can make a good meal for ya'll!!

• Like 1

I had a friend of mine make it up for me. It's nothing too pretty but it does the job very well. I can fit 12 ribs in there and a full pork butt. If you want one send me a text and I'll ask him if he can make a second and what price it will be. e0b698ef172fb45f03890847b64ede7d.jpg

Don't mine the extra pork bits on it still I haven't cleaned it from my last smoke. Since its metal all I do to clean it is toss it in the gas grill at 500 degrees for 20 mins and burn it all off

I had a friend of mine make it up for me. It's nothing too pretty but it does the job very well. I can fit 12 ribs in there and a full pork butt. If you want one send me a text and I'll ask him if he can make a second and what price it will be. e0b698ef172fb45f03890847b64ede7d.jpg

Don't mine the extra pork bits on it still I haven't cleaned it from my last smoke. Since its metal all I do to clean it is toss it in the gas grill at 500 degrees for 20 mins and burn it all off

This is pretty awesome. Sirena does not actually post much on here but she will send you a text! I'm always impressed with all the DIY stuff people come up with!

I wouldn't miss this for the world! Looks like a ton of fun! See everybody then!

I really hope you do make it Micah! I sincerely mean this. Your wife and child of of course welcome too!  Would love to finally meet you face to face! :)

• Like 1

I am excited to announce the first raffle item! It is a bit ticket item for MACNA San Diego. This is a quick trip from the northwest and a great opportunity. This is like our Reef Expo on steroids! :yahoo:  :yahoo: 

It's the weekend of September 9 to 11!

These passes are valued at 159 dollars each but well worth it! There are raffles , great speakers and lots of coral! Make your reservations now and enter the raffle!

Here are the details of macna!!   

http://macnaconference.org/2016/

I so want these! Thanks Dave Morris of Macna 2016 for donating these! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

MACNA%20Raffle_zpslmv9s68q.jpg

• Like 5

Sirena and I booked our flight!! We are going !!! If you are planning on going but are hoping to win the passes in the raffle , go ahead and buy your passes. There are only a few more left. If you are lucky enough and win Dave will refund your money !!! This looks like a blast and San Diego is a fun city !!! Hope to see others there !!!

• Like 3