Lokani & Frogspawn ILLEGAL to import now

Peng

USFWS notified aquarium businesses that around 20 species of corals are now illegal to be imported.

One of them is LOKANI.

Who has this coral?

I'm afraid I need to get this one as soon as possible because I don't have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You realize that it will be illegal for anyone to own this coral also if this passes right?

How come? It only said that those can't be imported but they didn't say we couldn't own lokani.

The legislation that is proposed is written to include a ban on sales and owning of protected species and makes no differentiation between wild and captive grown specimens.

That's sad. When are they gonna enforce it on "owning" the lokani?

"You can have my lokani when you pry it out of my cold' date=' dead hands..."[/quote']

Right!?

And pardon me for unloading my .45 in your "center mass" whilst you attempt to steal from me.

Theoretically speaking of course since I don't own any acropora-

Those idiots wont know a Lokani, from a Loripes from a Granulosa, and they would have got shot for nothing (clap)

What doesn't make sense to me is if it's illegal to have one now, is someone supposedly going to come "confiscate" them

from us? Taking a bunch of corals from peoples tanks is going to likely extinct the species faster than what's happening now. If they take them are they going to transplant into the ocean? Doubtful if it even makes it alive that far! I'm hoping all the baller reefers counter this somehow. I don't mind limiting imports of certain corals but no way is anyone taking mine!

Oh and F*** BP for causing a majority of this mess!

The stupid thing is we the hobbyist are not really contributing to the decline of these species. It's the pollution and over fishing that's causing the problems. Most of the wild propagation is maricultured now days. That's not stealing from the reefs that's preserving them.

You forgot global warming. (hitme)