J-Dog's NEW 60x30x24 BUILD

J-Dog

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im talking about a full top to the stand. You will blow a seam in the bottom of acrylic unless the whole bottom is supported by an even sheet of plywood. Acrylic flexes and bows as it will do in the gaps in your stand, Im surprised it is holding anything if so. Just trying to potentially prevent a seam failure, jason builds some quality systems. The stand pictured would be fine for glass since a glass tanks edges are supported by a frame suspended above the stand.

Thanks for your concern iroll, but if u would have read the thread through its entirety, u would know that there is plywood between my stand and tank. Some other members voiced the same concern during my build, I just never got around to taking a picture of the stand with the top on.

J, I agree with steve, your going to want to do a reactor at some point. They really aren't all that complex, but will require the addition of some sort of controller.

Great choice on fixtures, those are top notch! Jealous jealous jealous!

Tank is doing fine...just dealing with the ups and downs...and I have another hobby that is draining the fundage at an alarming rate:(

Will follow along, cheers J...errr...R...whichever it is:)

Well, I finally got to take some PAR readings on my new ATI fixture, and everything looks great. I think my coral will flourish under this light....I'm getting 500's in the center sand bed! Nothing like my old tanks lighting, where I was barely hitting 300 at the top of the tank. I'm surprised I was able to grow any SPS in that system.

On a down note, I forgot to rinse a few of my frags, after dipping them in Coral RX. Nothing is wrong with my tank or the frags, but the Coral RX is making my skimmer go crazy and overflow anytime I have it on DOH!. I setup my carbon reactor and did a water change, but it might take a while before it's out of the system. Hopefully everything will be ok without a skimmer for a bit.

On a good note, I decided to put some fish into the tank, and all is well. I'm still working on my picture taking, but I will try to post some in the next few days. But in the mean time, here are my PAR readings....

IMG_2444-1.jpg

IMG_2445-1.jpg

Hey what fan speed are you running on the powermodule? I was talking to this guy and he said the par increase is 15-20% higher with the ac adaptor at 9v vs 7v

There area bunch of par readings with the fan at different speed and it seem s to be true.

Cause it cools the bulb to the optimum temperature. The reason the ati fixture is so powerful is the active cooling fans. When the fan speed is lower the bulbs are not being cooled at the optimum temp.

I didn't know u could change the fan speed. Mine is set at whatever speed ATI builds them with.