J-Dog's NEW 60x30x24 BUILD

J-Dog

i just got done skinning my metal stand and i painted everything on the inside white and did a black stain on on the otside looks awesome and i have good light in the stand. i dont know if you have already or not but i didnt cut the holes for my plumbing and cords til after i painted the wood. it added a few steps so i would defidently cut the holesbefore painting the wood next time.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's finally HERE!

Tank arrived today and looks great! Still need to do some mock plumbing and figure out where my holes need to be cut in back of the stand. Hopefully I can get some of this done tonight after the kids are asleep....

IMG_2419.jpg

Plumbing....

After working on this thing for the last 2 days and making multiple trips to Home Depot, I think it's finally done. Since I have no idea how to plumb a reef system, I hope everything works ok. I still need to tweak the return plumbing, along with the Bean Animal overflow, but everything else is done (I think (scratch)). I wanted to have everything setup before Monday, but it took longer than I thought, so now I have to wait until next week to fill it with water and get my cycle going (since we are headed out-of-town tomorrow, for the week). Let me know what u guys think, positive or negative, so I can make some changes if needed.

Smann gave me a little advice about putting insulation under the stand to damper noise and vibration....

IMG_2421.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

Here is the finished product.....

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

looks awesome! much cleaner looking than mine!

I can't quite tell in the pic, do you have the airline tubing on the durso for the bean animal?

Cap is drilled, just don't have any tubing to put into the hole LOL

What size are the teeth and the gaps on the overflow?

The overflow gaps are 1/4 inch and they are spaced about 1/2 inch apart.

That is a beautiful tank :)

Its going to be a awesome reef, what are the dimentions of that beast?

Thanks for the compliment.....the title of the thread says it all 60x30x24

Water!

Been out-of-town for about a week and have been going crazy wanting to get this tank ready. Soon as I got back to town, it was off to work for another 24 hours (only 4 of those hours were spent sleeping (sad)).....but water was started and the tank is slowly filling. Hopefully it will be filled sometime tomorrow and I can get this cycle going. Got a few of the dry rock in place, but have some live rock left to put in.

IMG_2436.jpg