750 Gallon Reef, 1200 Gallon System, Join the Craziness!

oxx155

• 2 weeks later...

Lights are being mounted next week. 3 out of 7 of the Energybar8's are programmed. Protein Skimmer running. Other equipment slowly coming on line. Got some new level switches and hooking them up to the Apex. Face frame and doors are 90% done. Trying to get the darn Ecotech's to pulse correctly, but for some reason two of the pumps, every third cycle, only come on for 2 seconds instead of 6. I guess I have to completely reset them.

I hope to have some more pictures up soon, especially once the lights go up.

I will be adding fish and corals starting in January.

• 4 weeks later...

Lights are up!

PC200038.jpg

PC200041.jpg

Even LED light over the area where my Chaeto will grow

PC200039.jpg

I installed a lift system for the LED lights, lifts them 12" higher so I can easily get access to the whole tank. At the lowest they are about 6" above the water.

PC200044.jpg

PC200043.jpg

PC200045.jpg

Power for lighting (18 AI SOL Blue's over the main tank, 1 AI SOL Blue over the refugium)

PC200046.jpg

LED light over refugium - Also I am trying to rescue some Mangrove plants from a friend

PC200047.jpg

keep those pics comin your tank is amazing wow

Thanks! Will do. I am actually in L.A. right now for Christmas, but have some beautiful fish going into the tank as soon as I get back. I am sure Clay could post some amazing pics of a few of the amazing Tangs I am collecting.

Garrett is also filling my tank with 60 Blue/Green Chromis and 20 Anthias as my schooling fish, along with various inverts, corals, and other fish.

January is going to be a big month for the tank, and a challenge for me to keep it all in balance.

• 2 weeks later...

Started adding things to the tank

Fish List:

60 - Green Chromis

10 - Blue Chromis

17 - Anthias

2 - Blue Tangs

2 - Yellow Tangs

Unicorn Tang

Black Shoulder Tang

Achilles Tang

Maculiceps Tang

Purple Tang

Powder Blue Tang

Vlamingii Tang

Naso Tang

Desjardini Sailfin Tang

Scooter Blennies

Sailfin Algae Blennies

Mated pair of Leopard Wrasses

Six Line Wrasse

Mystery Wrasse

Coral Beauty Angelfish

Potters Angelfish

4 - Pajama Cardinalfish

Star Spot Rabbitfish

Magnificent Rabbitfish

Various Gobies

More to come

The clams range from 5" to 8" across.

The Achilles Tang is the biggest at about 7" in length.

The smallest Tang is the Purple at about 2" in length.

So far everything gets along great.

Still tweaking some things, but the system is doing awesome.

Wow, what an amazing system (drooler)......I don't mean to sound nosey, but how the hell do u pay to keep such a large tank running? I love seeing these large, masterful tanks, but I always scratch my head when I think how much money must go into one (scratch). Maybe I need to get a second job (whistle)

Wow' date=' what an amazing system (drooler)......I don't mean to sound nosey, but how the hell do u pay to keep such a large tank running? I love seeing these large, masterful tanks, but I always scratch my head when I think how much money must go into one (scratch). Maybe I need to get a second job (whistle)[/quote']

I have been very blessed to own a family company that's been doing very well. I also have other ways of making money, always busy, I work a lot of hours.

Love the tangs, I have 10 tangs in my system.

Is your glass dirty or the water is murky?

Lol, glass is a little dirty from algae bloom still dieing away and water is murky after working on system. And I need to work out the lighting on my camera or run them through photoshop. Once I get the ozone going that will help also.

Wow looking awesome Douglas! I was reading off the list of fish to Beth and she was like who the hell is putting all those fish in one tank! And then I told her it was yours! (laugh)

LOL, surprised myself when I wrote the list, didn't realize I had added 13 Tangs! The schools of chromis and anthias are amazing.

Very nice tank and setup. I love tanks with lots of fish.

Curious on how you stocked your tank with the fish.

Did you quarantine them before putting them in?

Or were they quarantined from where you bought them?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice tank and setup. I love tanks with lots of fish.

Curious on how you stocked your tank with the fish.

Did you quarantine them before putting them in?

Or were they quarantined from where you bought them?

Thanks in advance

So far I don't have a big enough quarantine, LOL, so I acclimate and watch closely. I did have a bit of Ich, but has since been controlled by use of Ich medicine and UV, I would imagine the Cleaner Shrimp helped also.