Its ALIVE!! 250g tank

Smann

Thanks Brandon, did you get your tank up and going with the fresh water.I think I got things turned around with the sps, of course I didnt do just one thing so I cant say exactly what did it. I added alot of live rock to the system, turned down the lights, cut back on the carbon and ozone, did a little misc dosing(which I gave up on, didnt keep up) and then left town for about a month. So far things are holding their color and some are coming back, I'll cross my fingers

here are a few current pictures

From Kim & Beth's tank and Jesse's

coral-2.jpg

Everything in general looking better

coral4.jpg

coral3-1.jpg

coral2-1.jpg

tank11-11-1.jpg

Just the three, Sailfin, Yellow and Tomini, I might try collecting a few including another yellow in a temp tank, I need to take out my Tubinaria and trim it down then put in some large rock pieces to mix things up and try to introduce a few fish at once see if that will confuse them enough

That is a wonderful tank! What is the green plant/ seaweed in the

corner? Looks pretty.

If its on the web cam its a Bamboo plant sitting on the ledge next to the tank, Not sure in the pictures but no Seaweed in the tank

Steve tank colors are a lot better now. Looks awesome!

Thanks Roy!!

Just the three' date=' Sailfin, Yellow and Tomini, I might try collecting a few including another yellow in a temp tank, I need to take out my Tubinaria and trim it down then put in some large rock pieces to mix things up and try to introduce a few fish at once see if that will confuse them enough[/quote']

That sounds like a good plan. The tangs you have are not the super aggressive species so I bet you will be able to get more in there. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It's to bad we lost our tank threads after the site issues, oh well things happen. I missing everything back to 9/4/2012 so it's a big jump forward in time.

My last lighting change was Feb 2013 when went to three IT2080 leds from Ocean revive, I added a fourth shortly after to get better coverage, now apparently I'm bored so was looking at some of the new lights out there. I saw the Arctic-T247 at Cuttlefish so I bought two to see if I could fit them in or maybe switch to a whole different layout.

The 2080's are 8.5" so on 3' front to back that leaves 6"-5"-6" on the 34" rack, When measuring with a par meter there is quite a drop between the lights so I thought I would fill the space.

The right is the current set up , the left is with the two Arctics added, looks a little over kill but it's 100% coverage. The 2080's are 18" form the top of the tank (19.75" from the water) the par at 7" depth is 350ish the settings are 100% blue-40% white. The arctics had to be reduced to 60% blue and 10% white to match and they are still 400+ on the par meter at the same depth.

newled_zps91e000ad.jpg

another angle

leds3_zpsc7df259c.jpg

Now I'm thinking two rows of the Arctic on each side would be the best, lighter weight for one 76lbs 4-2080s versus 40lbs 8-Arctics. The wattage would be the same but the reduced setting of the Arctics should save some on the electric bill.

I'm going to pull them back out for now, I have this habit of making a major change then leaving town, we are leaving next week so I'll work on this when I get back!

tank2014_zps9d4c9123.jpg

Looks like the fish are all hiding

Steve

• Like 1