hey dad... i heard a beeping in the basement..

pdxmonkeyboy

sigh. kids suck. my 18yo informs me when i walk in the door. hey, your "qt thingie" was beeping today.

i thought to myself...you mean the coral QT tabk with $900 worth of frags in it was beeping..

" WHAT!! why didnt you call me?"

jebao powerhead died.. temperature spiked under the lights.

jox fox fox flame... poof.

cali tort... poof

some smooth skin acro that i was super excited about... poof.

At least my pink floyd and other high end stuff is happy. the $350 WWC og bounce was all " bro, i like it warm with no flow"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Sad 5

not on the 20 gallon QT tank.  I mean.... it is a 20 gallon QT tank.   I doubt the apex could have triggered an alarm anyways,  I suppose if I was monitoring the voltage of the jebao wavemaker it could have notified me.   The QT is on the other side of the room for, well, for QT reasons.  

It could have been worse, it could have been a total loss, there is about 20 different corals in there all together.   The sticks are not happy, but they are not dead either. 

At any rate... I grabbed all of them, went over them with a hand lens and put them in the main frag tank.   Man it is getting crowded in there!!!

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

not on the 20 gallon QT tank.  I mean.... it is a 20 gallon QT tank.   I doubt the apex could have triggered an alarm anyways,  I suppose if I was monitoring the voltage of the jebao wavemaker it could have notified me.   The QT is on the other side of the room for, well, for QT reasons.  

You’re over-thinking this.  The alert could have been for temperature, not voltage.  All you need is a long AquaBus cable, a PM2 module, and a temp probe.  Probably costs less than most of your frags.

Although I do have a small powerhead in my sump to disperse 2-part that occasionally seizes up, so I monitor the watts and get alerted if it goes above 5w.  Normal operation is about 3w:

If Output EB_7_SMP_FLO Watts > 5 Then ON

• Like 1