Reeftastic

Clown tang!!

Beautiful fish!  I had one for quite a while previously although only got to about 5 inches. Definitely "high energy".  I have seen ones recently at Cuttlefish and Coral and Woody's Seahorse aquarium so definitely some around for those interested.

• Like 1

I added the picture for you! Definitely a picture of the month worthy picture !

Just to taunt us a bit more eh Kim? Such a beautiful fish. It is the nicest specimen I can recall seeing so definitely worth getting it posted.
  • Like 1

i really like Clown Tangs, that looks like a nice one in the original post.  i had one for about 5 years and it was a great fish up until it became so aggressive it was like i had one fish in a 400g tank.  all the other fish wouldn't come out cause they would get chased.  i caught it by putting my hand in the tank and a net and when it came to attack me i scooped it up in the net.  it was 7" when i got rid of it.     

http://4129311691_c52d627055_b.jpgDSC01869 by kilmca, on Flickr

• Like 4

Great shots!

These things go move, it is tough to get a nice picture.

I have one 5" or so..

He tries to be a bully but the chunky 8" hippo and 10" naso keep him in check!

• Like 1

I love those fish!

The clowns are one of the more attractive tangs, as is yours, but they are also rather aggressive/territorial in the end. I no longer have mine either as I  like the company of many fishes over one show stopper. Maybe it will be a female with less to prove and grow into the tank behaving itself. Looks like you have a nice sailfin to grow out with and to teach each other some manners.

• Like 2

I once had a friend with a marine fish print liner in his pool. Swimming one day, I pointed out the regal angel as one of my favorite fish, and he pointed to a clown tang on the other side, saying, "This blue and yellow striped one?"  

Spent the next ten minutes teaching him the difference between a regal angel and a clown tang, till he finally accepted they weren't the same fish. He couldn't believe I'd spotted such "minute differences," and I couldn't believe he missed the myriad of them! Thought to myself, "Yeah, this is the difference between the fIsh freaks and the normal people." :joking:

I do think clown tangs are one of the best looking. May yours live for years without murdering! :drinking:

• Like 2