June 2016 The Premium Aquarium Willsonville Pictures

badxgillen

It was a great time indeed, Erin was a great host answering all sorts of questions and his crew was not only polite but very helpful. The store was neat and clean, very open and inviting.

TPA2%20Store%20front_zpstprpkfbj.jpg

Stole this pic from Emerald since it was better than my store front pic.

SAM_1494_zpsuk04ikod.jpg

Lots of windows make the shop bright and being well lit makes the atmosphere a bit "lighter".

SAM_1449_zpsg4sfwonm.jpg

The shop itself was looking spectacular, this store is locked and loaded.

SAM_1447_zpsa8hfdssc.jpg

As with any time we visit the TPA we gotta leave with something and this time was no exception...But we will get to that later when there is a little show and tell of some shop purchases.

• Like 5

Kevin here helping around the shop and making some good reefer conversation. I missed those Blue Soda zoas in the front, hopefully they grow out in that front tank for the next time I cruise by.

SAM_1496_zps4w9qw7xg.jpg

SAM_1438_zpsgcq4q2hu.jpg

Colby here waiting for all of us late shows to arrive. There was a pretty big accident on the road somewhere near Tualatin and this made many of us including myself over an hour late. Thanks for holding off on the talk until we all could get there.

SAM_1431_zpslrhusvvd.jpg

Graham here, I don't know why g2theram was so hard to associate with your name. Don't worry it will stick now. Good seeing you again man.

SAM_1428%202_zpszvrhtf5i.jpg

Daniel is such a nice guy, brought me a couple nice frags for trade and even trouble shot a lighting issue for me. Looking forward to seeing your lighting over some corals.

SAM_1446_zpssbkygq15.jpg

Nanoreefer made a brief appearance, at least you made it right, I bet some people couldn't deal with that drive though traffic. As you can see I am still putting that camera to good use.

• Like 5

So these two next pictures are completely plagiarized from Kim but it is only because Holly was intimidated by my camera skills and dodged most of my camera work. Kim seems to have been able to take some better photographs of her anyways.

Holly%20S%20raffle_zpsgqstzsy3.jpg

Gill&Fin here in front of some of the raffle items, can I interest you in some tickets?

Mr%20Bret%20grill%20man%20again_zpsnhm1d

And Mr.Bret here performing his grill magic Again! I believe i speak for most of us when I say Many Thanks man, very nice of you as well as very delicious.

SAM_1440_zpsz2lcalp1.jpg

Hey! I remember this guy, one of my favorite people to chat reef with ,Garret was in the house helping represent the TPA to its fullest. 

SAM_1442_zpshyrhebja.jpg

It was even crazier when The Zorro showed up in person and saved the day!..Well he didn't save the day but he made my day when he said he would get me some Hellboy acro. This guy always a hoot to talk too.

• Like 5

Some really good people showed up, some old school club members and a couple newer ones too.

SAM_1444_zpswpqomvz6.jpg

Jorge!!! I bet it has to kill you just walking through the stores like this and not having the tank wet yet. When you do you will finally be able to get your coral fix and if I know you at all it will start with some serious acropora fever. I have had it before and I know the cure is really hard to keep expensive acros. Let me know when you are there and I will see if I can get you into a program.

SAM_1467_zpskpnd6wep.jpg

Reefer Madness, I ate a bit of that bean dip you brought and it was pretty good. Infact there was number of side dishes I ate that were good but I just didn't know who they came from. So Thank You Everyone who brought something, very cool. Oh and that frogspawn is in good hands here, its a beauty alright.

SAM_1492_zpskzr01ncm.jpg

Kan, I have not seen you in a loooong time. Like I said,if you come back to Corvallis come on by and we can hang out for a  minute. 

SAM_1489_zpsxg3jvtd2.jpg

Flashyfins and Amy made it through the traffic, I didn't get a chance to talk with you about the goniapora or the wrasse question I had but maybe you will be at the July meet, should be another good one.

• Like 5

When it came time for the raffles things got Serious.

SAM_1465_zpsvqgoi1mt.jpg

Lexinverts here is a stand up guy, ready to give good advice or lend a hand when he can. Here he is trying his luck at the raffle, actually if you were a paying member you got an extra ticket wich is always awesome. 

SAM_1485_zpsb8no4zzs.jpg

Did I say serious!? Because this is about to get a little goofy.

SAM_1482_zpsy3eipgpt.jpg

I won TWICE! Zoanthids.com $50 certificate, so when I order shipping is on me for a group buy yeah.

And I got a $50 certificate to Willsonville TPA wich I proceeded to spend immediately. THANK YOU!!!

SAM_1457_zpsgq127j2e.jpg

G2theram won the canister filter from Marineland and it sounds like he already has some plans for it. Did I hear something about a puffer?

SAM_1477_zpsoc9tdoaj.jpg

Mr.Bret also won a certificate to Zoanthids.com...But he was much more excited than I was. Actually Kim had asked for some wildly excited faces and we got some mixed results.

SAM_14792_zps0qcp1fpx.jpg

There was a few time where I myself kept laughing or giggling but I think it was simply just contagious good feelings in the air. Danlu made out with a $50 gift card to Willsonville TPA and he found a very nice Acropora Florida that went home with him, save a frag for me down the road man.

• Like 7

And lets not forget the speaker Colby. He came out to spend a bit of his time educating the group about caring for seahorses, disease treatment and prevention as well as some of the finer details that only a breeder would be able to elaborate on.

SAM_1452_zps6qqynbz2.jpg

Right outside the TPA is a small courtyard perfect for good weather meets like this. I feel like this would make a good spot for some future gatherings on nice days.

SAM_1455_zpswkmzmtya.jpg

Colby really emphasized captive bred seahorses of good health being key to long term success with the little critters and the TPA here in Willsonville and the TPA in Salem always try and have the captive breds in stock. Another point he made was that it is not too big of a problem keeping the Erectus seahorses in a higher flow environment and it is certainly possible to keeping many varieties of corals provided they are not full of larger nemotocysts. 

SAM_1470_zpsobhgf0nx.jpg

Last but not least a BIG Thank You to our host Erin at The Premium Aquarium Willsonville, Thanks for having us out, it was Fun.

Your store is looking great and so is the livestock, appreciate all your assistance and nice corals. I will be seeing you and your crew in the not too distant future I am sure.

• Like 13

Thanks Bert for all of your pictures! Love the commentary as well! Erin again loved your store and the side area with shade is perfect to host future meetings! Thanks again Bret for bringing the Traegar and grilling! Thanks Holly for helping to set up! I would have liked to have stayed longer to chat with folks but Sirena was eager to get her new seahorses home! I got a nice zoa rock and some lettuce nudibranchs too! Kevin was a great salesman too. He almost had Sirena getting one Of those fluval all in one tanks.

• Like 3

Thanks Mr Bret for grilling up the dogs and thank you to everyone who brought food dishes. I always feel so guilty after these meetings because I tend to stuff my face with all the deliciousness that's available.

I wanted to bring home a pair of seahorses badly after hearing Colbys speech. Great meet overall!

• Like 5

Was a great event! Want to thank the board members and all that helped to make this event a success. Really enjoyed meeting new people and put some faces to members on the forum. Thank you all for coming and for all the positive feedback about the store. Really appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this great community and look forward to hosting again.

• Like 9

Was a great event! Want to thank the board members and all that helped to make this event a success. Really enjoyed meeting new people and put some faces to members on the forum. Thank you all for coming and for all the positive feedback about the store. Really appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this great community and look forward to hosting again.

It was nice meeting you, Erin. Thanks for hosting!

Your new store looks great, and was really a nice place to have the meeting. That outdoor area where we did the cookout was perfect.

My new additions are all doing very well. And I might have to come back for seahorses in the near future. :D

Edited by Lexinverts
  • Like 3

So good to see you all had a great meeting like this! I missed seeing everyone. I don't think I have missed a meeting in a year and a half. The Physical Therapy is going ok, but I really wrecked my right knee while doing water changes.

• Like 1

Another fun one!  PNWMAS is on a roll this year.  :applause:  As always, thanks to Bert for snapping pictures.  :agree:

By the time Amy & I got there, I was sure we'd missed everything, but with so many people caught in traffic, things were stalled just enough that we were still able to enjoy it all. From the seahorses, to the raffle, to the feast, it was a great way to spend a sunny afternoon. Colby's seahorse talk was informative and successfully landed me on the list of reefers with spouses saying, "Did you hear that?! We can get seahorses now! Today! Now!"  :laugh:  I need to reach a balance with my nutrients first (still going through new tank uglies), but once I get there, I'm seriously considering it. The shop certainly had enough captive-bred specimens to make it ultra tempting!

I did get a few things, which I attempted a few photos of:

DSC_6837.jpg

The flatworms DID NOT come from TPA. They're a recent problem in my coral/invert QT tank, which I'm about to bomb with Flatworm Exit, carbon, and a large water change. I believe them to be red planaria, and I'm 100% sure they came from an online vendor, NOT a local reefer or LFS.

DSC_6844.jpg

I tried getting a closer photo, but most polyps closed up when I picked up this coral. I mistook it for goniopora at first, but it's sympodium. Very nice blue and lime green color!

DSC_6850.jpg

Ahh, this fan worm looks so much nicer in person!  Purple and yellow, with a couple of heads you can't see from this angle, but hopefully you'll all see it in my display soon enough. 

DSC_6846.jpg

Bright orange starfish! Impulse buy, I confess. He's been cruising around the tank since I put him in, always in a new spot when I walk by.

DSC_6851.jpg

New goodies are chilling in my craptastic coral/invert QT tank, which is as ugly as it is effective! I added a small amount of sand in one corner for a pistol shrimp, but the urchins bulldozed it in no time, so now it's spread out across the bottom and looks rather strange.  :dry:

Big thanks to TPA in Wilsonville for hosting!  

Your shop looks great already, and I know it will look even better as the display tanks fill in. Looking forward to another trip out there, so I can fill up that loyalty card. Just 2 more stamps to go on mine!  :D

• Like 5

Another fun one!  PNWMAS is on a roll this year.  :applause:  As always, thanks to Bert for snapping pictures.  :agree:

By the time Amy & I got there, I was sure we'd missed everything, but with so many people caught in traffic, things were stalled just enough that we were still able to enjoy it all. From the seahorses, to the raffle, to the feast, it was a great way to spend a sunny afternoon. Colby's seahorse talk was informative and successfully landed me on the list of reefers with spouses saying, "Did you hear that?! We can get seahorses now! Today! Now!"  :laugh:  I need to reach a balance with my nutrients first (still going through new tank uglies), but once I get there, I'm seriously considering it. The shop certainly had enough captive-bred specimens to make it ultra tempting!

I did get a few things, which I attempted a few photos of:

DSC_6837.jpg

The flatworms DID NOT come from TPA. They're a recent problem in my coral/invert QT tank, which I'm about to bomb with Flatworm Exit, carbon, and a large water change. I believe them to be red planaria, and I'm 100% sure they came from an online vendor, NOT a local reefer or LFS.

DSC_6844.jpg

I tried getting a closer photo, but most polyps closed up when I picked up this coral. I mistook it for goniopora at first, but it's sympodium. Very nice blue and lime green color!

DSC_6850.jpg

Ahh, this fan worm looks so much nicer in person!  Purple and yellow, with a couple of heads you can't see from this angle, but hopefully you'll all see it in my display soon enough. 

DSC_6846.jpg

Bright orange starfish! Impulse buy, I confess. He's been cruising around the tank since I put him in, always in a new spot when I walk by.

DSC_6851.jpg

New goodies are chilling in my craptastic coral/invert QT tank, which is as ugly as it is effective! I added a small amount of sand in one corner for a pistol shrimp, but the urchins bulldozed it in no time, so now it's spread out across the bottom and looks rather strange.  :dry:

Big thanks to TPA in Wilsonville for hosting!

Your shop looks great already, and I know it will look even better as the display tanks fill in. Looking forward to another trip out there, so I can fill up that loyalty card. Just 2 more stamps to go on mine!  :D

Nice stuff!

Good job having a coral QT!   :icon_bow:

• Like 2