What did you buy on Black Friday?

obrien.david.j

Be careful of the scams some of the less reputable retailers are pulling during Black Friday sales frenzy..  I am seeing more and more stores artificially inflate prices that the discounts are based on. 

Take for example BRS...  I had a few things in my cart before the BF sales began. Noticed the cart price compared to the updated full (and sale) price now that BF is full affect...

DI resin before BF: $12.74 now $14.99 discounted to $11.99 (only $.75 below normal retail price). Not a $3 savings as BRS implies. 

Screenshot 2023-11-18 145403.png

Here's another example of Magnesium. Normally $16.99 now BF discounted to $15.99 with an artificially inflated referenced retail price of $19.99. It is technically on sale and I am glad to save $1. But it's not the BF savings they want you to believe. scam

Screenshot 2023-11-18 145818.png

Here is another example on citric acid. Before the sale it was $11.89 for 32oz. The super BF deal is $11.19 (with an artificially inflated reference price of $13.99)

Screenshot 2023-11-18 145937.png

Support your local fish store this holiday season and don't get suckered into BF sales that are scams!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff.Tichenor said:

Be careful of the scams some of the less reputable retailers are pulling during Black Friday sales frenzy..  I am seeing more and more stores artificially inflate prices that the discounts are based on. 

Take for example BRS...  I had a few things in my cart before the BF sales began. Noticed the cart price compared to the updated full (and sale) price now that BF is full affect...

DI resin before BF: $12.74 now $14.99 discounted to $11.99 (only $.75 below normal retail price). Not a $3 savings as BRS implies. 

Screenshot 2023-11-18 145403.png

Here's another example of Magnesium. Normally $16.99 now BF discounted to $15.99 with an artificially inflated referenced retail price of $19.99. It is technically on sale and I am glad to save $1. But it's not the BF savings they want you to believe. scam

Screenshot 2023-11-18 145818.png

Here is another example on citric acid. Before the sale it was $11.89 for 32oz. The super BF deal is $11.19 (with an artificially inflated reference price of $13.99)

Screenshot 2023-11-18 145937.png

Support your local fish store this holiday season and don't get suckered into BF sales that are scams!

Wow! That is some bad practices...

I bought some critters from a web site, which I hate to do (because of all the risks and costs of shipping), but they had Pederson's cleaner shrimp in stock, and we wanted more than the one we have. Everything came good, large, healthy, but the only problem is... they sent us two White Spotted Anemone Shrimp instead of Pederson's. 😭

17 hours ago, NanoNerd said:

I bought some critters from a web site, which I hate to do (because of all the risks and costs of shipping), but they had Pederson's cleaner shrimp in stock, and we wanted more than the one we have. Everything came good, large, healthy, but the only problem is... they sent us two White Spotted Anemone Shrimp instead of Pederson's. 😭

That is the risk of buying sight unseen.   Reach out to Jeff at cuttlefish, see if he can order you some.

12 hours ago, Brittany said:

I use to use captiv8 manganese but it isn’t sold on any of the normal sites anymore,  anyone have a great source of manganese?

Here's my source:  https://andremueller.e-junkie.com/product/1577105/Reef-Moonshiner26230393Bs-Elements---Manganese-500ml

I'm currently doing a monthly ICP-MS.   With a goal of ~0.25 for Manganese and ~0.75 for Iron, I'm using a daily does of 12ml/Manganese and 24ml/Iron.

45 minutes ago, Krux said:

I may have accidentally picked up some pieces from @World Wide Corals acro sale yesterday.  It feels so good to be so bad!

My plan is to order a CNC mystery box this weekend.  This will be my 3rd year in a row, and haven't been disappointed yet.

4 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

My plan is to order a CNC mystery box this weekend.  This will be my 3rd year in a row, and haven't been disappointed yet.

I feel like most of my coral shopping trips to C&C end up as a sort of mystery box, Jeff knows what I need and I just hand him my credit card without asking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1