I have crabs…

Collin

As the title says, my tanks has acro bugs and can’t get a prescription for interceptor. Also they’re on my encrusted colonies so dipping in not in the cards… wonder if anyone has experience or can help out! Thank you!

Edited by Collin

23 minutes ago, Collin said:

As the title says, my tanks has acro crabs and can’t get a prescription for interceptor. Also they’re on my encrusted colonies so dipping in not in the cards… wonder if anyone has experience or can help out! Thank you!

Uh oh. Is it eating the acros or just irritating them? Maybe get a small trigger or puffer

42 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

Your problem statement seems to be about getting an Interceptor prescription.   Do you have any other pets, any relationship with local Vets?    How many Vets have you tried?

Have been calling around today but they won’t prescribe interceptor without seeing the patient. 

12 minutes ago, Collin said:

Have been calling around today but they won’t prescribe interceptor without seeing the patient. 

I had Red Bugs a number of years ago.  I got a prescription by showing up at different VET offices with pictures and printouts.   Pictures of my tank, picture zoomed in on red bugs on one of my corals (couple of pictures).  Print outs of the web articles saying Interceptor is how to treat it, with treatment regime, URL/web links.   And more than one article.     

Apparently this satisfied my VET as legit.    But using the same technique, you could offer for the vet to come visit your tank.

4 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

I had Red Bugs a number of years ago.  I got a prescription by showing up at different VET offices with pictures and printouts.   Pictures of my tank, picture zoomed in on red bugs on one of my corals (couple of pictures).  Print outs of the web articles saying Interceptor is how to treat it, with treatment regime, URL/web links.   And more than one article.     

Apparently this satisfied my VET as legit.    But using the same technique, you could offer for the vet to come visit your tank.

I’m going to do that! Do you remember which vet you went to?