Custom acrylic pieces

juan

Ok so I went to tap, and they wanted $1070 I believe for a 4’x8’ 1”thick. I was going to pick it up on Monday but if piedmont is half the price I’ll give them a call before. Thanks again guys. 

On 6/13/2022 at 11:52 AM, juan said:

Ok so piedmont was way cheaper, literally half the price from tap. $542 for a full 4’x8’  1” thick sheet. Cool guys thanks. 

I don't know what you are going to use that for but at that price, you have extruded acrylic which is NOT, i repeat NOT suitable for aquariums.  You need cast acrylic for aquarium construction.  A sheet of 1" cast is going to be about $900 on a good day. (the good days ended in 2020 by the way). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I don't know what you are going to use that for but at that price, you have extruded acrylic which is NOT, i repeat NOT suitable for aquariums.  You need cast acrylic for aquarium construction.  A sheet of 1" cast is going to be about $900 on a good day. (the good days ended in 2020 by the way). 

@pdxmonkeyboy - Thank you for lending your experience and helping read between the potential lines.   Way to help the community out.

On 6/14/2022 at 3:12 PM, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Cast acrylic?? Is what I got I think..

1B352341-34A3-4C87-AE19-92D9778F50DD.jpeg

8 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Looks like this is 3/4", not 1".  Right?    The receipt description implies Cast Acrylic to me.

Not even 3/4" that would be .750 receipt says .708........ I do see the cast though........ 

On 6/17/2022 at 8:36 PM, spectra said:

Not even 3/4" that would be .750 receipt says .708........ I do see the cast though........ 

I was thinking the same thing, except I found a reference on a site selling clear cast acrylic, 3/4" thick sheets (0.708)...   Heck, maybe acrylic is like lumber.   A "2x4" is less than 2 inches x 4 inches.  :)

image.png

https://www.regionalsupply.com/itemdetail/?itemCode=ACR CLR 0.750 CAST 48X96