Generator to the rescue!

SuncrestReef

3 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

The power is out in my neighborhood, and PGE estimates it will be off until 9pm.  Thankfully my whole-house generator kicked on automatically and I'm still enjoying my air conditioning, and my tank is running fine.  

Such a great investment!

Me a couple years ago thinks you're a jerk for rubbing this in..... Me now, with a generator in the garage, only hates you out of jealousy now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Funny thing about the stand by generator, you literally laugh when the power goes out.  

No extension cords, no gas, no scrambling around.  It just does its thing.  

My wife started to panic when the lights flickered and went off before the generator kicked in. She thought we’d be without AC, but when I explained the generator can easily handle it, she gave me a high-five!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

My wife started to panic when the lights flickered and went off before the generator kicked in. She thought we’d be without AC, but when I explained the generator can easily handle it, she gave me a high-five!

Reef Tank hobby saves the day!    Would have you installed the whole house generator if you didn't have a reef tank?  I suspect Not.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 5:59 PM, SuncrestReef said:

The power is out in my neighborhood, and PGE estimates it will be off until 9pm.  Thankfully my whole-house generator kicked on automatically and I'm still enjoying my air conditioning, and my tank is running fine.  

Such a great investment!

What kind of generator did you get, John?

1 hour ago, The ReefBox said:

Yikes. But in times it is well worth it I’m sure

Yes, to me it’s a long term investment. When properly maintained, it should last 20 years or more.  And the amount we invest in corals easily justifies it, not to mention the peace of mind and convenience it provides in emergency situations.