New and shorter fallow period for ich.

pdxmonkeyboy

On 12/10/2020 at 10:03 PM, pdxmonkeyboy said:

So I spend a bit of time here and there on hubblefishes forum and it seems that the latest guidance on fallow ich periods has changed.  It used to be 78 days but if you keep your temp constantly above 81.6 then you are good to go after 7 weeks.  

Thought i would pass that along. 

I wonder how the hotter temps affect the coral. This seems to be good news though. Humble Fish has produced a great deal of info for the hobby the last few years. 

So I spend a bit of time here and there on hubblefishes forum and it seems that the latest guidance on fallow ich periods has changed.  It used to be 78 days but if you keep your temp constantly above 81.6 then you are good to go after 7 weeks.  

I'm interested in taking a look. Can you post a link? 

I'm interested in taking a look. Can you post a link? 

Well, i didn't publish links because they are relateively recent scientific journal articles and therefore access requires a subscription. 

Here is the abstract on the report:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3284114?seq=1

It is also on science direct if you have a subscription. 

The humblefish thread has some snippets. new-ich-fallow-period.1824 

I googled around about the temperature, and lots of people let there tanks get that warm in the summer and it within normal reef temperatures.  I have been at 82 for a week and have not seen any negative affects so far.