Anybody like old cars?

Spschampion

55 minutes ago, Spschampion said:

Very nice! I had a 1967 camaro as well, I recently sold. Would like to do a 1967-69 dart. That way I can say I’ve had one muscle car from the big three! Is your 1969 a small block? 

My 69 Dart is my first car was a slant 6 but it’s a major overhaul. It’ll have a small block 408 when complete. Just not sure when that’ll be lol. 

2 hours ago, Deuce00 said:

Very nice. I’ve been messing around with old mopars mostly for 15+yrs. my current cars are 65, 69 Dart and also have 67 Belvedere. 

D94F7D15-36BE-4EFC-9D08-25A6E8F5D1DB.jpeg

9B3171D4-9393-4A0B-84A9-568EFAD86733.jpeg

Mopar or no car. I got 72 dart,66 dart, 68 barracuda and a 69 barracuda..oh and a 73 duster circle track car.

• Like 2

Yep, spent almost 10 years doing high end restorations. Mostly Mopar since those guys have the big $$$ and a lot of Camaros and Chevelle's. A lot of fiberglass repair work on vettes.  Couple one off cars like a 70 superbird convertible. I'm a Chevy guy myself but have love for all classics. Chevy's are just designed better for the disassembly/assembly with a better suspension design, no stupid torsion bars.

Edited by CrabbyCrabs
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Mopar or no car. I got 72 dart,66 dart, 68 barracuda and a 69 barracuda..oh and a 73 duster circle track car.

Oh geez you have quite a few a bodies. Nice 

Edited by Deuce00
Spelling

23 minutes ago, Deuce00 said:

Oh geez you have quite a few a bodies. Nice 

It's taken a while to collect but they are all pretty solid and complete. The 66 I have had since high school back in 1997. All small blocks.not really a big block fan. The 68 cuda is gonna get a 5.7 hemi in the near future 😈

• Like 1

Lol. Yea I hear the slowpar thing at work all the time,I sell Chevelle Camaro and Nova parts. I always say Mopar was the first to hit the 200 mph in Nascar lol I love getting a rise out of the Chevy guys Lol its all fun tho...I think I remember the car you are talking about with the overspray,was it in the trunk on the wheelhouses? Like 15 years ago?

I have a 71 Chevy stepside. I have had it since I was 19 (15 years). It came with an in-line 6 and 3 speed. I swapped a 350 and 4 speed when I got it. Now I’m saving for an LS swap and 6 speed. Also doing a qa1 Coilover suspension this fall. 

I’ll have this one forever but my dream car is a 68 camaro

365A5DCD-8942-42CD-92DD-2622C3FBD840.jpeg

Edited by MVPaquatics
  • Like 4

I think maybe a race is in order. We will start at a local fish store each car has to carry four  saltwater jugs, full. We will run to an agreed spot. Water jugs spilled ends in disqualification. First one back wins!!! Lol, in Portland it wouldn’t be the fastest car that wins but the person who navigates the traffic best! JK be fun though! 

• Like 1

It was a dark/forest green cuda. Probably about 15 years ago. At the time it was a record breaker for a cuda at Barrett. I've done a lot of Camaros, Corvettes, chargers that have gone to those auctions. I was the resto guy in the shop, that's all I did for the most part. I did not do the paint. I did a lot of the rest though, lots and lots of rust repair. I was the one that had to block sand all restos 2-3 times. They were arrow straight coming out of  that shop, I made sure of that. Iwas really good at fabbing window channels with the shrinker/stretcher and break. Lots of floor pans, quarters, wheel houses, etc... Having to weld doors/fenders etc... for the perfect gaps. Miss the work and cars, besides the dust/fumes/pay. I personally have a project 70 elky and my dad's 72 Chevelle after he passed. Some day I'll have a shop so I can get back to it on the side. It's nice to go relax in the shop, break out the welder, and start burning metal. 

22 minutes ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

It was a dark/forest green cuda. Probably about 15 years ago. At the time it was a record breaker for a cuda at Barrett. I've done a lot of Camaros, Corvettes, chargers that have gone to those auctions. I was the resto guy in the shop, that's all I did for the most part. I did not do the paint. I did a lot of the rest though, lots and lots of rust repair. I was the one that had to block sand all restos 2-3 times. They were arrow straight coming out of  that shop, I made sure of that. Iwas really good at fabbing window channels with the shrinker/stretcher and break. Lots of floor pans, quarters, wheel houses, etc... Having to weld doors/fenders etc... for the perfect gaps. Miss the work and cars, besides the dust/fumes/pay. I personally have a project 70 elky and my dad's 72 Chevelle after he passed. Some day I'll have a shop so I can get back to it on the side. It's nice to go relax in the shop, break out the welder, and start burning metal. 

Sounds like you got it down lol. I haven't been in the shop nowhere near like I should be now I set this dang fish tank up a year and a half ago lol

Edited by Pennywise

I haven't been in the shop since I left the shop many years ago. LoL. That's where passion was when I was 18. Drove a 70 Chevelle my senior year of high school. Traded the body off in 02 I think for my rust free 70 elky. Had a roller 355 w/5spd then traded that off for a mild 454 w/th400. The real funny part. I was friends with a Clark county deputy, his house was close by and on the way to go anywhere. My friend and I made the street out front look like a dragstrip. I'd hit big block posi into 3rd every time I drove by. Red line 1st, red line 2nd, hold for a bit, let off brake, stand on it to keep redline, then a quick shift to 3rd as I hold it sideways. Man, those were the good old days. Although a 454 with an 850 Holley dp we're not enjoyable with the gas, especially with 3.73 gears considering I was young making almost minimum wage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice to see.......................My first car was a 69 RT/SE Charger..............kick myself for selling it :laugh: had a 64 1/2 mustang...............a few chevs...........would love another old bug...........but now am just into older bikes...........take up way less room and cost a lot less also :laugh: corals arent cheap ya know................

• Like 3

Yep, when I left the shop I had just got done doing a resto on a 69 charger rt. Sold for just over 100k I believe. It was a full rotisserie, like most we did. Dana 60, 440, don't remember if a/c or not. Was a nice car when done. Arrow straight 😄 I really hate how Mopar dashes are put together. What a pain. Worked with a guy that rode an old European bike, can't remember what it was, kinda obscure. From the 60s I believe. Like a Nash but in bike form. Was really neat, and I'm not a bike guy but have a place in my heart for most older stuff as it had style and class vs what junk we have today. It's what gave us the technology we have today.

My baby is my 67 Camaro, it was my dads car but he had some damage on it and parked it and left it for many years then finally decided to give it to me. I've got it all most all ready to go to the body shop and then paint but the lack of $$$$$ keeps getting in the way of this, I'm sure the reef tank does not help with this either. I also fixed up a 68 C10 long bed for my wife years ago, it was just a body, I took it down to the frame and repair rusted out metal, replaced the suspension, brakes, etc.. then put in a 2001 4.8l LS motor and 4l60e 4 speed trans in it. It was a lot of fun to drive but she decided that it was not really convenient so we ended up selling it.

• Like 1

Nice to see so much appreciation for and experience with classic muscle cars.  My father was not a motor-head so came to cars later in life and hence tend to favor, small (both size and displacement) foreign cars, although never could actually afford what I wanted (XKE).  Had Opel GT, Triumph TR6, second gen RX7's (coupe, vert), Audi S4 B5, Saab 9000 Aero, 93 Viggen.  Finally got a V8 but it's a Mercedes CLK55 AMG.  Worked on all of them myself but never anything as ambitious as a frame off resto... engine swap on an Audi was probably the max.  Finally made it out to Forrest Grove for the Concourse this last year which was a blast - talk about a variety of cool and rare vehicles.  Also used to make it out to the all British field meet back in the 90's when I had the Triumph.  A lot cheaper to look at them than to own them that is for sure!

• Like 2

That is so true. The shop I was from charged a minimum of 5k for paint. Most cars were in the 15k range and the high end restos, just body work/rust repair and paint we're as high as 30k. I could never afford that. Heck, even just the supplies to do the work without hard parts is in the thousands range. Sand paper has become expensive for the good stuff. The real good filler is not cheap. Let alone the labor. 

• Like 2