Nano tanks are difficult to aquascape

Derbird

Finally setting up my system after a two year break 😃

I have a new red sea reefer 170 from cuttlefish and corals and am going crazy trying to get the rock work set up.

I never had this much trouble with my big setups (at least that I can remember) Must be the smaller space

Any ways just venting a little

I'll start a build thread in a bit

Here is what I have so far

15480341155618118477756679236646.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Derbird said:

Finally setting up my system after a two year break 😃

I have a new red sea reefer 170 from cuttlefish and corals and am going crazy trying to get the rock work set up.

I never had this much trouble with my big setups (at least that I can remember) Must be the smaller space

Any ways just venting a little

I'll start a build thread in a bit

Here is what I have so far

15480341155618118477756679236646.jpg

Welcome back!!  Looks like a great start

• Thanks 1

When i was doing my 170 I found I needed to break a few rocks and rebuild them with epoxy to get swimming space.

Posting mine for inspiration

That is lookin' great though as is, I see some corals growing out nicely from that!!!

IMG_4430.JPG

• Thanks 1

I agree. If you are having trouble, break the rocks up into spalls stuff and glue them together. Way easier to work with and you can go fancy structures. The whole structure in my 75 is made up of about 2” to 5” pieces. Lots and lots of superglue and about two tubes of epoxy for the whole structure.

a4b9b525ac7ff54ba54d4f1100fa4ed7.jpgace53ff4dc4278325e8cda7da6e92225.jpg373074700dcce113c071602ebe6adfd0.jpgdbd3d0d0909e81a172abdbab013a87a7.jpg

Sent while trying to get my next coral fix.....

• Like 2

My biggest takeaway from aqua scapping is keeping things away from the glass enough to facilitate easy cleaning. If you're like most of us, reefing takes the back seat to life and if it's hard to do, it won't get done! Just like growing a vegetable garden, things always fill in quicker than you think and I can see an SPS growing mighty close to that glass is a short amount of time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back and good luck with the scaping - looks pretty good as is. I tend to shoot for asymmetry and lots of levels and crevices for fish but hard to achieve with limited space. Would definitely consider the break it down and put it back together approach with a small tank to try and optimize the layout.