Super glue scam

Jack-the-reefer

I've been using this same super glue for frags ever since I've been reefing. Turns out, when you think it's empty, it's not even close. I cracked the plastic off the tube on the left after no more would squeeze out.

C8D591C6-3234-4B82-9D5C-9BD7A216339E_zps

That explains allot!!! I was using the same stuff.

I've been using this same super glue for frags ever since I've been reefing. Turns out, when you think it's empty, it's not even close. I cracked the plastic off the tube on the left after no more would squeeze out.

C8D591C6-3234-4B82-9D5C-9BD7A216339E_zps

I think you need to squeeze a little harder :D  mine did not look like that when I opened it up.....

Yep! I have 6-7 of them laying around, you can squeeze all you want but there's still going to be about a 1/4 that remains.

Moreless bad design i think, they're not profiting more getting you coming back faster if it's still taking them the same amount of product out the door(with 1/4 waste), except for keeping you in need of superglue. :laugh: either way, seems like bad business.   

Reminded me why I buy this one:)

LINK

Tough to beat BSI Glues...IC Gel is nice, but maxi cure works great too...2 oz for $8ha!

I agree with Mandinga.. We use this to build models all the time! Bob Smith glue is probably the best [language filter] glue I ever used. I didn't know it was reef safe. Had one of these for 3 years now, still half full!

http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/BSI109-Bob-Smith-Insta-cure-Gap-Filling-8-oz-CA-Glue/

I agree with Mandinga.. We use this to build models all the time! Bob Smith glue is probably the best [language filter] glue I ever used. I didn't know it was reef safe. Had one of these for 3 years now, still half full!

http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/BSI109-Bob-Smith-Insta-cure-Gap-Filling-8-oz-CA-Glue/

I tried the Maxi-Cure (not the insta-cure like your link) because Upscales had a few bottles for like $7...He doesn't carry it anymore:)

It's a little thinner than the IC Gel, but still plenty thick. For zoas, or anything with a flat base, it works flawlessly. I don't trust it for larger colonies, but still I have used it for all sizes.

I pulled the data and compared it to the IC Gel:

Maxi-Cure is 89-93% ethyl2 cyanoacrylate with 7-9% Methyl methacrylate polymer

IC Gel is 80-90% ethyl2 cyanoacrylate with 10-20% Treated Fumed Silica

I have been using it for about 18 months now...tank seems to be doing pretty good:) At first glance, one may think Maxi-cure has meth in it...lol...the fish seemed a little SHIFTY EYED...oh wait, that's Methyl methacrylate polymer, which I believe is also known as ACRYLIC. Yeah, I think it's reef safe:)

Now, as for that IC Gel...it contains Treated Fumed Silica, which....I have no idea what that stuff is?!? Good luck;)

Edited by Mandinga
  • Like 1

I tried the Maxi-Cure (not the insta-cure like your link) because Upscales had a few bottles for like $7...He doesn't carry it anymore:)

It's a little thinner than the IC Gel, but still plenty thick. For zoas, or anything with a flat base, it works flawlessly. I don't trust it for larger colonies, but still I have used it for all sizes.

I pulled the data and compared it to the IC Gel:

Maxi-Cure is 89-93% ethyl2 cyanoacrylate with 7-9% Methyl methacrylate polymer

IC Gel is 80-90% ethyl2 cyanoacrylate with 10-20% Treated Fumed Silica

I have been using it for about 18 months now...tank seems to be doing pretty good:) At first glance, one may think Maxi-cure has meth in it...lol...the fish seemed a little SHIFTY EYED...oh wait, that's Methyl methacrylate polymer, which I believe is also known as ACRYLIC. Yeah, I think it's reef safe:)

Now, as for that IC Gel...it contains Treated Fumed Silica, which....I have no idea what that stuff is?!? Good luck;)

I have been using and selling IC Gel for years without any issue, I can safely says it is reef safe base on my own usage and my customers experience.

I have been using and selling IC Gel for years without any issue, I can safely says it is reef safe base on my own usage and my customers experience.

Lol, yeah I was joking! IC Gel is good stuff, just wish it came in a different bottle and a larger size:)

Edited by Mandinga

Lol, yeah I was joking! IC Gel is good stuff, just wish it came in a different bottle and a larger size:)

There is a reason why fast acting glue come in small size. It is about the tip end usable service, bigger size will have issue with the tip become

clog and have to find another way of dispensing the glue. Even when tip ends come in 2pcs like IC Gel, still will not help if the glue size is bigger.

I have tried using a bigger bottle of glue that is much cheaper, but we are wasting time has to fix the clog end tip and halted frag production cost me

even more.

Edited by goldenbasketreef
  • Like 1

There is a reason why fast acting glue come in small size. It is about the tip end usable service, bigger size will have issue with the tip become

clog and have to find another way of dispensing the glue. Even when tip ends come in 2pcs like IC Gel, still will not help if the glue size is bigger.

I have tried using a bigger bottle of glue that is much cheaper, but we are wasting time has to fix the clog end tip and halted frag production cost me

even more.

Rudy, I have had other people tell me the same thing...but the thing about these big bottles is that the tip is actually better than IC Gel because it is wider. I cannot tell you how many tubes of IC gel I have not been able to use until the end, OR they pop and end up covering my entire hand with glue. The bottles will never pop.

The tips on the bigger bottles I end up cutting down until the diameter of the hole is pretty large...much larger than the IC tube. The larger hole means I can continually use the glue until it is completely out. And, since I am never putting tiny dots of glue down, the amount that comes out is perfect.

I cant figure out why BSI doesn't make the IC Gel in a larger tube...?